cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Whole Home WiFi Premium and IPv6?

Go to solution

Just got the Whole Home Premium the other day and linked all devices to it. Seemed pretty decent.

Noticed that I'm not getting any IPv6 addresses through it tho! I do when I connect to the wifi directly on my Smart Hub 2. Been searching, and saw some posts here dated 2019 that IPv6 didn't work on WHP. Nothing official tho.

Surely a device marketed as Premium should be serving IPv6 clients????

Anyone know the story here?

Discs are on firmware SGAB205018, the very latest. And of course IPv6 is enabled on the Smart Hub, which is also on the latest version.

Cheers

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Whole Home WiFi Premium and IPv6?

Go to solution

Sorry this isn’t constructive post but good look on getting anything addressed and fixed quickly with this product, if this feature is important to you I would therefore recommend sending your units back for a refund and purchasing elsewhere as BT don’t care.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Got a reply from the helpdesk - apparently IPv6 support is slated for the next release of firmware. No timeline as yet.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Sadly that is the helpdesks standard response to every issue we raise and as of yet they haven’t detailed any timelines and have already missed the “update before the end of year” promise that we were all given.

However, If you do believe them and are willing to wait an undefined amount of time then “welcome to the team”!

0 Ratings