Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Howellsw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Whole Home WiFi - WiFi Off line

Go to solution
I have a 4 disc system which works perfectly around my house and which is very fast. The problem I have is now I cannot connect to the system to administer it either by the (IOS) App or via the web interface. I can log in to the system via the web but once I do, I cannot see any of the discs.......or anything else for that matter.

The App simply tells me that my WiFi is off mine and to try later. My WiFi is clearly not offine - it is the management interface to the discs themselves that is not working.

Any one else had this problem or know how to get round it. Resetting the system from the web interface (interestingly, the only thing that is accessible) has no effect on the issue
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Speedway59
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: Whole Home WiFi - WiFi Off line

Go to solution

I seem to have the same issue this morning - the MobileApp has all 3 Discs offline with no connections,

However everything in the house is working smoothly.

Cannot get onto the Web Interface as it reads unreachable.

Tried a network restart with no change at all.

Suppose just carry on if everything is recieving a signal - The lights are also Blue on the discs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Howellsw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
I am strangely relieved not to be the only one suffering the same/similar problem!

Interestingly, I can reach the devices and log in via the web interface but once I do, I see nothing. Are you trying to connect to a specific IP address or using the generic http://mybtdevice.home
0 Ratings
Speedway59
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I have tried an ip address and  http://mybtdevice.home , neither of which connect all the wifi round the home

is operational including the lights.

The MobileApp has intermittently shown one of the disc randomly operational but nothing consistant, don't think

I'll stress over it just yet.

Perhaps if I remember the password I will delete the app and reinstall to see if that helps and perhaps another network reset.

0 Ratings
Howellsw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Good luck - if I manage to get my issue resolved, I’ll post the solution!
0 Ratings
peterh0001
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Speedway59 wrote:

I have tried an ip address and  http://mybtdevice.home , neither of which connect all the wifi round the home

is operational including the lights.

The MobileApp has intermittently shown one of the disc randomly operational but nothing consistant, don't think

I'll stress over it just yet.

Perhaps if I remember the password I will delete the app and reinstall to see if that helps and perhaps another network reset.

Are you using a device which is connected to the Whole Home wi-fi to access the web interface - it will not work if not.

0 Ratings
Bigmac21
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I am also experiencing exactly the same issue, noticed it yesterday (29th Dec). Haven't found a solution yet....

0 Ratings
Howellsw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Mine is still not working - the only thing I have not done is a full factory reset.

Given everything except the App and Web interface works, I am reluctant to do the full factory reset. When I have a bit more time next week I will ring the BT Helpdesk and see where that gets me.
0 Ratings
Howellsw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Just by way of update, I have done nothing to my Whole Home network but I did the IOS 11.2.2 update on my phone this morning.

I have no idea if the IOS update had anything to do with this but I now have full access to my Whole Home Discs again.

If those of you who were also experiencing problems could try again before and after the IOS update, at least we would know one way or the other. Good luck
0 Ratings