cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Whole Home WiFi app won't restore from backup

Today, with nobody logging in, no user change or intervention, my 4 WiFi 6 BT discs reset to factory settings and lost everything. I had the foresight to use the app to back up my device names in February, mostly because I have something like 40 devices labelled properly and grouped because this is important to us. So after setting our network back up manually, I went into Backup / Restore and tried to Restore Devices. It didn't work, it didn't restore anything. The error message wasn't helpful (see below).

I'm desperate to restore my device names and groups, it took us ages to track everything down by IP and Mac address, label them and group them in order to manage them. I'm super annoyed my network just reset itself entirely but I'd get over it if I could restore my device names and groups.

Can anyone help me? @SeanD maybe? Thanks 

Screenshot_20230405_211622_Whole Home Wi-Fi.jpg

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Whole Home WiFi app won't restore from backup

@NoDeviceNames 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail Broadband and phone customers.

It would be best to give the WHW product helpdesk a call on 0808 100 6116 ( Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm and Sat 9am to 2pm) or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com and they'll be happy to help.

0 Ratings