cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevin297
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Whole Home WiFi connected devices list not showing Windows 10 laptop

My new Whole Home WiFi network is working great, after a few disc location issues... but my Windows 10 laptop does not show in the connected devices list, although it is connected to the network (at 5GHz) and working OK.  All my other devices, a mixture of 2.4GHz, 5GHz and ethernet, are shown in the list. The laptop has never shown in the connected devices list despite sevaral network and laptop restarts.  The network discs are connected to a BT Smart Hub, with its wireless switched off, and the laptop DOES show in its list of ethernet connected devices, with all the others.  I know this is not a significant problem... but does anyone have any ideas why the laptop does not show in the connected devices list ?  Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Whole Home WiFi connected devices list not showing Windows 10 laptop

Hi @kevin297 I can't explain why the laptop is not showing as a connected device.

Try the Whole Home Wifi helpdesk and they will be able to help with this issue. You can call them on: 0808 100 6116  Mon - Friy 9.00am to 5.30pm, Sat 9.00am to 2.00pm or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com and they'll get back to you.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
kevin297
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

thanks John... I'll email them now.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 5

@kevin297wrote:

My new Whole Home WiFi network is working great, after a few disc location issues... but my Windows 10 laptop does not show in the connected devices list, although it is connected to the network (at 5GHz) and working OK.  All my other devices, a mixture of 2.4GHz, 5GHz and ethernet, are shown in the list. The laptop has never shown in the connected devices list despite sevaral network and laptop restarts.  The network discs are connected to a BT Smart Hub, with its wireless switched off, and the laptop DOES show in its list of ethernet connected devices, with all the others.  I know this is not a significant problem... but does anyone have any ideas why the laptop does not show in the connected devices list ?  Thanks in advance.

Hi @kevin297

Have you tried resetting the devices list? There was a bug in older firmware that caused this to become corrupted, which may be why you can't see it. If you reset the list once you're on v1.02.06build11 then you can rule out this issue.

Dan-O

Community ModeratorDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
kevin297
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

thanks Dan-O... just tried that but still no luck.

0 Ratings