Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuaggyB
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Whole Home WiFi - disc disconnected issues

Hi

had whole home for a few weeks and generally it has been working really well. Just went into the app today to have a look around and finding that half of my discs are disconnected. 

The issue is that two of them were connected via Ethernet over Powerline. I have checked other devices using the Powerline network and they are working fine and have IP addresses. So why would two of these discs disconnect?  I’ve moved one of the discs to a different room and it’s now connected over WiFi but app says it has a poor connection.....

since i I installed it and all was working well but then I saw another whole home network appear in my list  turns out it’s the ssid of two the two discs that are disconnected (they were bought as a separate pack and added into my primary network)..... why would the network suddenly break down like this?

thoughts?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Whole Home WiFi - disc disconnected issues

Some older Powerline devices don't work with BT's Whole Home, Mesh networks they clash. If you can live without your powerline devices, i.e use the Ethernet ports on the 2nd or 3rd Discs, and then reinstall the Whole Home using the biggest set of discs first , assuming you have add on discs. that should work. its important that the app used to install all the discs.

Hope this helps
0 Ratings