Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_G
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 1,166

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

Could you confirm if you are using iOS/Android/both? - Android

Also - are the renamed devices that are changing in groups or not? - I dont use any groups

Were they offline when you renamed them or online? - Devices were online when named.

0 Ratings
orientboy2000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 1,166

all updated ok for me

5 disks and IOS 

2 started as poor connections now all as Good 

0 Ratings
Tony_Mac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 1,166

What a mess - Disgraceful development release from BT - Shambles

I'm guessing everyone with the WholeHome Discs will have the same problem, although most will be unaware because they are not using the App.

Original App was just hanging - not finding BT wifi network even though it is available 😞

Updated this morning from the iOS 9.3.5 App Store showing BTWholeHome  version 1.02.09 was available.

NO Change - cannot run the App 😞

Please let us know when STABLE versionof the App and Firmware are available along with instructions for non-tech customers update.

Thank you for your support

Tony

Apologies for the rant but this stuff causes so much stress 😞

0 Ratings
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 64 of 1,166

@Tony_Mac

Have you also updated your disc firmware to v1.02.04build10?

In order to benefit from the fixes in this release, you need to update the disc firmware as well. If you can't use the app to do this, you can connect to the web interface via a browser at http://mybtdevice.home and then upgrade from System > Firmware Upgrade.

Once the upgrade is complete you should reboot all of your discs at the power switch to force a full "cold reboot" and you should find this issue no longer occurs.

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Tony_Mac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 65 of 1,166

Hello Dan-0,

The MyBTDevices link doesn't work - get the following error message 😞

The socket connection to mydomainadvisor.com failed.
ErrorCode: 10060.
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 173.45.161.113:80

??

Tony

0 Ratings
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 66 of 1,166

@Tony_Mac

Are you accessing from a device connected directly to your Whole Home Wi-Fi disc Wi-Fi network?

Try typing directly into the address bar (make sure it's not a search bar, such as Google).

Dan-O

0 Ratings
pjbain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 67 of 1,166

After a great deal of messing about and resetting up my 5 discs from scratch (again!), I now have them all working. However I have discovered that this firmware release seems to cause serious spanning tree issues on my Cisco switch. While I understand that not everyone is likely to have one of these since they aren't home grade kit, I think it's terrible that there are always major issues with every firmware upgrade I have ever done.

As the discs try to use the ethernet as backhaul (since I have them all cabled back to my switch) they end up causing the ports they are connected to, to be error disabled due to BPDU guard. The discs flap back and forth between ethernet and the wifi mesh.

Trying to ensure that the discs stay on ethernet backhaul is incredibly difficult and frustrating and has been my main issue with the Whole Home Wifi, along with having to rebuild the network from scratch each time their is an update.

0 Ratings
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 68 of 1,166

@pjbain

Are you able to disable the BPDU guard on certain ports/all of your switch? 

The discs have their own mechanism of loop detection and prevention so it's likely the systems are fighting with each other, causing the constant changing. The discs prefer an Ethernet backhaul over Wi-Fi and if your switch turns the port on again, this will cause the disc to swap back to Ethernet - there may be a very small (ms) time when both interfaces are up when the change happens which could cause your switch to activate the BDPU guard.

Dan-O

0 Ratings
pjbain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 69 of 1,166

Hi Dan-O,

This is exactly what I've done to resolve the problem but even with the BPDU filter applied to the ports it still causes the ports to go down briefly and then come back up. Just enough time for the discs to switch over to wifi again which causes the problem over again. It took a good 20 minutes of discs switching back and forth and ports disabling and re-enabling to calm down and get all the discs on ethernet. Once they all got on to ethernet, it all stopped but should one be disconnected from ethernet for any reason it will start the back and forth off again.

Thanks for your reply, I thought it would be worth giving you details of my finding to hopefully improve the product in the future because when you get them all working they are great.

0 Ratings
Tony_Mac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 70 of 1,166

The Firmware update worked through the web interface - Thanks Dan-0

Why would one of the Discs only be connecting at 2.4 GHz ?

The App on iPad is still not working - cannot connect to wifi internet although it is working ??

Thank you

Tony

0 Ratings