Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 71 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

@Tony_Mac

Can you turn off all the discs at the power socket, wait a minute, then switch them all on again?

The discs can take up to 5 minutes to adjust to the best topology after boot up, so if you check after 5-10 minutes you should find they've adjusted to the best possible connection.

Dan-O

Community ModeratorDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
pjbain
Aspiring Contributor
Message 72 of 1,165

Usually that would be distance from the connected disc or interference from something. 5GHz has a shorter range than 2.4GHz.

0 Ratings
MrX911
Contributor
Message 73 of 1,165

I had no issues at all with the previous firmware in fact not a single reboot in 2 months,  but since the update I'm now having to reboot the discs (5 times so far today).  

It updated on the 26th and by chance the only thing that has changed on that day is that I added 2 new Amazon Echo Spots.  I've now unplugged them in an atatemot to eliminate them.

Is there a way to downgrade to previous software?

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 74 of 1,165

Have you rebooted all the discs separately via the power button, all at once? Then turn them all back on. This will ensure the update has been fully applied and all fixes work correctly.

Dan-O
Community ModeratorDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
MrX911
Contributor
Message 75 of 1,165

I had but have just done it again leaving them all off for 10 minutes. Each disc did show it was on the latest firmware but I remember one failing at time of auto upgrade. Fingers crossed this resolves it.
0 Ratings
Dave_F
Aspiring Contributor
Message 76 of 1,165

Having a nightmare with constant disconnections only since this morning . I have 5 discs and need to constantly  disk connected to router to restore connection (every 5 mins say). App shows firmware was updated automatically to latest firmware version at 00:56 this morning.

I have powered off all disks individually, restarted network through app, rebooted router etc but problem keeps recurring. Is there any way to revert vet to previous firmware? (Had to switch to 3G in order to post this).

Adamb7890
Distinguished Member
Message 77 of 1,165

I'm having issues after the latest update. My Amazon fire TV won't hold a connection at all, keeps disconnecting. Was working fine before this update 😢. And most of my other things randomly disconnect for no reason. 1.2.03 seems more stable. Tried powering down the disc's but fire TV won't connect
0 Ratings
Highlighted
simonjedrake
Aspiring Contributor
Message 78 of 1,165

Excellent news.

After almost two months pleased to report my IOS iPhone App is now working as before.

Steps I took:

1. Removed the App from my iPhone.

2. Updated the Wholehome Discs via the web interface to the latest 1.02.04 build 10 firmware.

3. Allowed then all (x4) to reboot etc, then turned them all for c 2 mins - then turned just the master one on 1st.

4. Reinstalled the updated IOS app on my iPhone.

5. Using the iPhone App then went through the auto process of renaming the Discs, nothing else needed to be changed/input.

So at long last delighted to report all back to normal with the addition of the IOS App also working........Got there in the end. Hopefully BT will learn from this as underneath it all the mesh product is pretty damm good.

willparkinson
Beginner
Message 79 of 1,165

Yes I have the same problem. Had over 40 days uptme on all discs yesterday, since updated all discs need to be rebooted every 5 mins or so to restore connection. Makes the whole system unusable which is a shame becase it worked fine before. Have given up and turned them all off now. Anyone know how to fix? 

0 Ratings
abattle
Contributor
Message 80 of 1,165

I've had to restart my discs twice in the last day - all my devices were affected. Hvaen't had to do that for months! I noticed that the 5GHz band had changed to 44 since the update so I've changed it back to 36 manually to see if that works.

0 Ratings