cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RS4
Contributor
Message 181 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

No more messing...  we NEED the ability to DOWNGRADE to the previous known working good firmware version.

If BT want to keep screwing up firmware releases then they MUST provide a backout, a way for users to revert to the previous version at least, whilst waiting for a new fixed release to be provided.

it is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE that there is no down-grade facility.

This is not the first time this has happened.  Since the very first days of the launch of the BT WholeHome system there have been troubles with every firmeware update/release.  But still they will not provide a downgrade feature.

I too will be adding firewall rules to prevent the disks from upgrading again in the future.

4 of my 5 discs are now disconnected, only the ethernet connected disc is working.

I do not have a HH or HH6 so those suggestions are of no use.

How many times do we have to say this...Do not release untested code?

How many times will BT not listen or take any care of its customers...?

You MUST provide a downgrade capability in the firmware to allow users to deal with the ever recurring **bleep** firmware releases!

Forthay
Contributor
Message 182 of 1,165

Another very unhappy customer with this build.

Please prioritise a fix or the 2x3 packs are going back to amazon.

completely unacceptable.

0 Ratings
Forthay
Contributor
Message 183 of 1,165

And don’t asked me to rebuild or factory reset the router and/or Wholehome.

Tony_Mac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 184 of 1,165

Our Discs went down again last night - had to reset each disc to enable the wifi netork :

Didgraceful - sorry BT but the WholeHome Discs just do not work and you need to address this peoblem.

Most customers have purchaded the Mesh network discs to reslove a probem but have found ithe disch mesh system simpley does nor work.

Please give us some feedback about whether we should expect a solution or simply need to look at altrenatine options?

Very, Very, Very UNHAPPY

Tony

0 Ratings
RikWebb
Contributor
Message 185 of 1,165

OK - having issues with the latest firmware like everyone else.

My devices connect, but dont seem to get an IP address, although the wifi disc's show they have one - the BTHUB and device doesnt.

More and more of my devices are starting to suffer this problem and I have yet to find any sort of fix.

We have paid a hefty price for a Wi-Fi mesh system that is failing to do the one job we purchased it for - So BT, pull your finger out and either re-release the older firmware (perhaps as a new version) or quickly fix this problem.

Not Fit for Purpose comes to mind, and this is what I will state when I shortly return them.

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 186 of 1,165

@Dan-O

I have now emailed the helpdesk so I hope you personally pick it up, I have had to restart the disks twice today, which is now becoming tedious and unsatisfactory, logs have been sent

Each time all 4 disks show blue, my set up when working is in this order of Topology

Please review the logs and come back to me

0 Ratings
MrX911
Contributor
Message 187 of 1,165

2nd factory reset today. 

Follwed by 4 restarts 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Deryman
Contributor
Message 188 of 1,165

Indeed, BT are conspicuous by their absence at the moment in this forum. Perhaps they have washed their hands of this product? If so, kindly say so, at least we can all then return our goods as unfit for purpose and move one. Shame we don’t have class actions as in the US, perhaps companies like BT would stop treating customers like s@@@.

0 Ratings
Jamran
Beginner
Message 189 of 1,165

I bought this product back in December and tbh have had no problems with it since this new update.

I've got a twin disc setup. My main disc is working fine, no issues at all. The problem lies with the second disc which is in the room. The blue LED is on and shows as everything is working fine. However, there is no internet connection. When I go into the app it states there's an issue with the disc's connection. Only when I restart the disc does the problem resolve. However, sooner or later the issues comes back and I have to go through the whole process of turning off and on again.

This is getting tedious and very irritating.

BT SORT THIS OUT!
0 Ratings
richard42
Contributor
Message 190 of 1,165

I have a 6 disc setup.  It worked faultlessly until the last firmware update.  It's now unreliable, I have to restart the network every day or two.   I expect better from a mesh network and highly regret installing the latest firmware update.

Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed please? 

0 Ratings