cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard42
Contributor
Message 191 of 1,166

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

Following on from my previous message.  This is diabolical firmware, it has clearly not been tested properly before it was released, an urgent reponse is needed from BT.

I went from one room to another and the AP steering is clearly now broken.  Not only did I lose connection, but I couldn't get onto the Wi-Fi at all with either my laptop or phone, so I couldn't restart it via the app, even when returning to the original location.

The only way to restart the network at that stage was to physically walk around and turn off all of the discs and then do the same again to turn them back on again.

Can somebody from BT please respond with an ETA on when this will be fixed as currently this 6 disc setup is broken and no longer fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
Tony_Mac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 192 of 1,166

Dan-0 - Please can you tell us what BT are doing to resolve this disgraceful situation?

Same failure when moving from room to room as reported above by richard42 - wifi is very unstable and requires Reboot. The network then appears to be ok for about 24 hours, then very frustratingly fails 😞

Even though the discs are all showing a Good Blue connection, my devices cannot connect to discs located around the house, but do seem to connect to the Primary disc.

Watching my old iPad find the wifi and it connects for a matter of seconds, disconnects, then connects and disconnects. Repeating the cycle until the system is rebooted - Nightmare 😞

Tony

Forthay
Aspiring Expert
Message 193 of 1,166

I reported my problem to BT Whole Home who have asked for the logs but I won't be able to get to them until this Wednesday evening.

I also pointed out this thread as I'm sure there are existing log files available.

Hopefully they'll have a read and are already investigating, it's just a shame they haven't acknowledged.

0 Ratings
acamsell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 194 of 1,166

I contacted BT to see when a fix was due and received the following response:

"Could you provide System Logs for the discs. To do this enter http://mybtdevice.home in a web browser on a device connected to the Whole Home WiFi. Enter the Admin Password when prompted. Tap System then System Log. You can then create and export logs for the discs. This may help us diagnose what is happening to cause this problem.

Can you also let us know the MAC address of any particular devices which you’ll find in the app under Devices or in the web login under Status and Devices."

I could understand if I was only person experiencing this issue but it does rather appear from this thread that the latest firmware isn't quite as top-notch as it could be.  Luckily I have bags of spare time to faff about with my (previously working) Wi-Fi set-up in the pursuit of assisting BT with their fault-finding.  I can't help but think that this is something they should have done before releasing the update if I'm completely honest.

On the plus side the disc are very aesthetically pleasing which is great news as they currently have no practical purpose.

Forthay
Aspiring Expert
Message 195 of 1,166

acamsell -

I received the same reply, will you be able to give BT the log files?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to give them my log files until Wednesday evening.

0 Ratings
antonypg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 196 of 1,166

All three of my discs are still running after 16 days, since I changed a few settings, including channels and my wireless password. Before making these changes by discs were crashing every six hours.

I think I am luckier than others due to the fact that all my discs are connected via Ethernet. Roaming still seems to be working correctly.

Two of my discs have the same error in their logs every 6 seconds:

19.03.2018 18:05:08 OWL-Backhaul RE 5G RSSI_LINKRATE(-87 1733), 2.4G RSSI_LINKRATE(-127 0) exceeded the threshold for only 5G uplink established

I assume that the backhaul would be giving me problems if I wasnt realying on the Ethernet connections.

Could we please, please, please have the capability of downgrading to the previous firmware, and/or the version of firmware before that. Since buying my discs they have gradually got worse with each firmware "upgrade".

0 Ratings
acamsell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 197 of 1,166

I may get an opportunity this evening but if I'm going to be able to send the MAC address of devices (I assume those which are connected to my network) then it's likely to be tricky. After the inevitable reboot of the system, I need to try and get everything connected before the Whole Home Wi-Fi starts dropping out again.

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I don't hold a lot of hope for this providing a solution. BT are not acknowledging that there is a fundamental problem and asking one user to send log files and MAC addresses is a pretty standard first-line tech-support response. If they want MAC addresses unique to my network, then it seems this is being treated as a local problem not a firmware issue.

0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 198 of 1,166

I seem to be lucky.  I have 3 disks (connected by WiFi) and they are up for days at a time.  Just checked and the disks have been up for 5 days, 8 days and 10 days.  I don't have any connection issues from my devices and I can reliably move them from room to room.  I have not had to do a factory reset.  This is in complete contrast to the previous firmware which was pants until I switched off steering.

I wonder what is different between my setp up and that of others who are having problems?

0 Ratings
abattle
Contributor
Message 199 of 1,166

I did one factory reset after the firmware upgrade, due to drop outs, and since then all is well. My system gas been up for 18 days. It's very odd indeed.

0 Ratings
acamsell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 200 of 1,166

It is peculiar.  I'm two factory resets down and still no stability.  The fact that any factory resets are necessary is pretty appaling but I just wish there was an option to restore a previous firmware version.  The last firmware build saw my system online for months without a single glitch.

0 Ratings