cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antonypg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 201 of 1,166

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

There is a slight risk that problems are caused by connected WI-FI devices, or interference from neighbours.

I was wondering if people could start reporting their make of router, as the router is responsible for the DCHP and NAT and could be working badly with the discs.

My discs have been worlking now for 16 days, they are all connected via cable to a Virgin Hub 3. The WI-FI has been switched off on the Hub. I have fixed the discs to channels 11 and 44.

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 202 of 1,166

I have also logged, and emailed log files, to those with steering issues I turned my steering off, my main concern is the randon internet connection loss which seems to be random to more than once a day to a week, luckily it often lasts a week before a restart is required

Dan-O did mention that BT are investigating the current issues and when he has something to report he will post

Not sure why a company as large as BT cannot sort a firmware fix in a matter of hours rather than months, I for one will not be dipping my toe in the next upgrade until it has proven reviews or a downgrade function

Just to add, I have SONOS on a differnet channel, Hue on a different Channel, and the Sky Q 5ghz is on a different channel to the WholeHome, I also have the Hub wifi turned off

0 Ratings
acamsell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 203 of 1,166

I'm using the PlusNet equivalent of the BT Homehub 5.  I have tried the following to get this latest firmware working:

• Carried out two factory restes
  • Changed the Internet router to a TP-Link alternative
  • Emptied the main router DHCP tables and started again
  • Fixed the WH Wi-Fi channels to 11 and 44
  • Turned steering off
  • Reconfigured the WH discs with fixed IP addresses
  • Given the discs a stern talking-to in a John Cleese style

None of the above have worked (though the last one was carthatic and made me feel a bit better).  I should also point out that none of the equipment using a wired connection to the router has missed a beat, it's only the wireless connection via the WH Wi-Fi that is causing problems.

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 204 of 1,166

I had 2 worse problems on the previous version

2 discs would always jump topology to a worse connection (Orange) and not return without a restart, with the later version it stays on a good connection

Steering didn't work with just the Macbook Pro, its a litle better with the later version but still will not steer in a certain part of the house - i can live with steering off as the apple devices I have can sort the best connection themselves

Random loss of connection seems the same on this version as the last, anything from 1 day to many days, a hard reboot often allows it to last longer, but still random, I have never done a factory reset

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 205 of 1,166

BT Business Hub 5 with wifi disabled

Whole Home (4 Discs) 2.4ghz on Ch Auto, 5ghz on Ch 48, Compatability Mode Enabled, AP Steering Disabled

0 Ratings
abattle
Contributor
Message 206 of 1,166

Mine is 2GHz channel 11 and 5GHz channel 44. All the steering etc is on. BT SmartHub, 3 disc system. All working fine.

0 Ratings
abattle
Contributor
Message 207 of 1,166

Compatibility off
0 Ratings
richard42
Contributor
Message 208 of 1,166

I have no intention of altering any of the settings on the setup here, it's supposed to be a plug and play solution and the AP steering is a fundamental feature.  Mine were working flawlessly for months until this clumsy firmware update.

0 Ratings
MrX911
Contributor
Message 209 of 1,166

What is compatability mode?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
richard42
Contributor
Message 210 of 1,166

Any update on this issue please? The thread has gone very quiet.  An ETA on when a fix will be issued would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings