cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 301 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

A friend of mine has used that email quite recently to get a problem solved, so if it is no longer working, that is a very recent change.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 302 of 1,165

I have decided to permanently replace my BT Whole Home Wi-Fi with a reliable solution.  I'm not going to wait around an indeterminate amount of time for BT to hopefully fix a firmware bug that crashes the entire network multiple times a day.

I have to say, this has put me off purchasing or recommending BT products in the future.  I was operating under the mistaken belief that this was a commercial product, not a public beta test.  Shame, potentially good hardware, but poor software and service! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 303 of 1,165

Unfortunately I think your points are valid - it's a poor show.

I didtched BT years agao but this product seemed so great that I went back. The worse customer experience of any company out then (except perhaps Barclaycard).

Good luck with the new solution. 

My system is stable still on the old firmware - I just can't use the App since that mandates an update before being able to access the system (another crazy feature).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 304 of 1,165

@MTGwrote:

Good luck with the new solution. 

My system is stable still on the old firmware - I just can't use the App since that mandates an update before being able to access the system (another crazy feature).

Thank you!  I hope they release a stable update for you soon, hopefully with the ability to roll back if there are any issues.  Good that you're on the old firmware for the time-being.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 305 of 1,165

@richard42, what system have you decided to opt for
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 306 of 1,165

@Steve59wrote:
@richard42, what system have you decided to opt for

Apple AirPort Extremes.

Older tried and tested technology (6th gen, 2013), but they do support 802.11ac (beamforming etc) and provide more than sufficient bandwidth for my purposes.  iPhone is roaming seamlessly.  It's spoke-hub topology (not mesh) but coverage is the same in my environment, with fewer carefully positioned APs.  I believe the fact that the Extreme has 6 antennas and a tall form factor helps.  The app is simple and effective, setup is painless.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 307 of 1,165

After escalated complaint, the answer for me is that they are sending a replacement set of discs with the previous firmware on it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 308 of 1,165

That's an expensive way for them to release the old firmware!  I'm about to raise with 2nd level support.  What did you do to get them to replace the kit?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 309 of 1,165

Complaint to the Chief Exec with a well worded email!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 310 of 1,165

How about given us the email address you used so that everyone can compain to the chief exec - maybe then something will be done.

0 Ratings