cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 321 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

Have you tried fixing the 2.4Ghz and 5GHz channels via the web interface?

I was having daily outages but now I’ve fixed mines to channels 6 and 40 I’ve better stability. 

Fixing the channels is mentioned earlier in the thread.

You might need to select different channels from mines.

Thats not to say I’ve not seen the odd wobble in the app with a couple of discs going red (in the app not the physical discs themselves) but they quickly correct themselves.

Crucially I’ve not had to turn the master disc off and back on for about a week and no loss of service so far.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 322 of 1,165

I did that yes, it didn’t make a difference, thanks anyway. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 323 of 1,165

BT Wholehome offered me a replacement set of discs with an earlier firmware with the caveat I’ll get some earlier bugs.

Maybe they’ll offer you the same.

I just didn’t want to rebuild the network unless I really had to.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 324 of 1,165

Has the previous firmware fixed your issues? I have installed the network again but I’m having issues with disc disconnections. As you can see I have a disc in the lounge that is wired into my router, little bedroom is also wired into a switch, bedroom is wireless. 

My network topology is as follows;

Little Bedroom

Lounge

Bedroom

Sometimes Lounge and little bedroom switch places as they are both wired, but as little bedroom is closer to bedroom it connects at -62 rather than -72 if it gets it connection from lounge. 

5_E500_BD1_E422_4_C61_9_D60_306_C748_B8_FB3

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 325 of 1,165

Quite tired of (metaphorically) standing on one leg with my left hand in a pot of jelly to try and get this working.  It should just work, we shouldn't have to be constantly trying things.  Most annoyingly of all, mine did work and now it doesn't.

The problem seems to be related to inter-disc communication so as an interim measure I have switched off all the slave discs and just left the master disc operational.  It's hardly "Whole Home" Wi-Fi but it is stable and the constant drop-outs causing mobiles to revert to paid-for data connections has stopped which is a relief.  Will give it another go when BT see fit to release some new firmware.

The lack of any useful or even official response from BT is beyond belief.  This is without a doubt the last BT hardware product I will ever own.

News is slowly starting to spread now and I see The Register have picked up on this thread: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/03/26/bt_whole_home_wi_fi_issues/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 326 of 1,165

Is there a official reason that the firmware cannot be downgraded or is it just that it isn't available to download?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 327 of 1,165

@Stuartdwrote:
Is there a official reason that the firmware cannot be downgraded or is it just that it isn't available to download?

No official reason has been given.  There's no technical reason why they couldn't develop the facility, hopefully they'll include it in a future version of the app / firmware. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 328 of 1,165

@Dan-O still no update from BT and no reply from the help desk, pretty poor customer service really, glad mine last a week or so or they would have been returned
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 329 of 1,165

Today the network appears to be working, but the app has gone weird.

According to the homepage, one disk isn't working and all disks have zero devices connected to them. The topology screen shows all 3 disks as working, but two have the same name and if you click through to their connected devices, they both show the same connected devices.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 330 of 1,165

Hi Dan - this update has casued my Ethernet port on  the back of each disc to fail. A nightmare as my sons Acer laptop  has a known issue with wifi so we connect it via ethernet. It was working fine connected to one of the disc before this update. Please can you tellme wher are BT going to fix this or allow us all to downgrade to previuous firmware. This has been a tital disater as I am reading in the 100s of posts on the issue.

Mike

0 Ratings