cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yorkie29
Contributor
Message 351 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

Amazingly, once I disconnected all the BT 'mesh' units in order to swop them I found that my Airport Extreme router had, from nowhere acquired new powers.  For the last few days its reach to the far corners of the house has been exemplery and my Edimax extender has become redundant.  This extra unit had been purchased to provide a singal for my Apple TV when we subscribed to Netflix. Now Netflix runs perfectly direct from my Airport over 40 feet (and several brick walls away.  With a BT mesh unit in the same room, Netflix would not run. I 've never had this good a coverage from my single router.  Is it trying to tell me not to install my new BT units?

0 Ratings
GCAL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 352 of 1,165

I’m afraid I need the discs to work - all 5 of them. My coverage is poor without this. 3 min anyway. So BT please fix. Twice today a complete bomb out and no internet. Router was fine (Vodafone) but the discs all failed apart from master. It’s been a long time now with not a word from @Dan0 or anybody else from BT. We don’t even know if they are working on a fix or even recognise there’s a problem! Wish I’d bought Orbi now or Google. The boss couldn’t believe it when I came back with BT. I said the reviews were good. What a mistake!
0 Ratings
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 353 of 1,165

I have factory reset mine tonight in the hopes that it will increase stability, I haven’t had mine long and the firmware updated before I knew there was an issue. Will report back 

0 Ratings
IanD2
Contributor
Message 354 of 1,165

Can I just check how people are factory resetting their discs ?

Is this a pin in the hole at the back ? Press it in until the lights go out ?

Which order do you reset them in ? Master first ?

Are you then setting them up as a completely new install ?

Do you have to remove the discs from the netwrok via the app first ?

Or are you doing a fresh install of the app as well ?

Sorry for the endless questions !

Thanks

0 Ratings
Forthay
Contributor
Message 355 of 1,165

I'm sticking with switching off and on the master disc periodically to work around for now.

If I was to rebuild I'd remove all the discs from the app first and start afresh.

For reseting see the link below.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/BT-Whole-Home-Wifi-How-to-factory-reset/td-p/17...

0 Ratings
IanD2
Contributor
Message 356 of 1,165

Thanks for the link Forthay.

In it there is a further link to the BT help page for resetting, which states the following:

If you need to reset the discs to factory default settings you can do this using the pin hole on the back of each disc:

1. First, make sure the discs are switched on
  2. On each disc press the Reset button (on the rear of the disc) for one second. Wait a couple of minutes to reboot
  3. If everything’s OK, the LED will turn purple, flashing blue and then solid blue. Please also see the disc’s LED settings card on the rear for default factory settings
  4. Your network name and admin password will revert back to what is shown on the back of the discs

I don't understand this ! If I factory reset each disc, why would the LED finish at solid blue ? None of the discs will be connected to anything - surely they'd be red ?

Why is everything so hard with this system ? I have one disc that I have attempted to factory reset but failed, and is now just switched off plus one disc that is just switched off as when I switch it on the whole network goes down. This leaves me with 4 working discs, but the master requires a reboot every other day or so, plus the whole network drops now and again and sometimes comes back on its own. When it's working it's fantastic - pre the latest update, it was all working, just topology wasn't great - everything just connected to the master disc.

Since the last firmware update, one of my Google Homes also refuses to connect to the network. It's bizarre as I have two others that are completely fine and it was perfectly ok pre update.

0 Ratings
MTG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 357 of 1,165

The discs will go blue since after resetting to factory defaults they recreated the 'out of the box' network. You then run the app to customise by placing in the right position etc. 

So the coverage may not be perfect when reset but so long as you bought the double or triple plack, all discs will have the same parameters loaded.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 358 of 1,165

Hi everyone,

First, we apologise for the issues some of you have had recently with your whole home Wi-Fi product.

Our technical teams have been working very hard to investigate over the last few weeks and we thank those of you who have contacted us and given us some logs and feedback.  

If you're affected by an issue and haven't already contacted us, then please do so on 0808 1006116 or btconnectedhome@bt.com. When doing so, and if you're willing, we may also ask you for some help with logs and details of your environment to help with our investigation.

Thanks for your continued patience.

If you’d prefer not to wait for this and your system isn't working for you, you're obviously within your statutory right to return your product for a refund back to the retailer where you bought it . But we hope you’ll stick with us for a bit longer…

BT Whole Home Wifi Product Team

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 359 of 1,165

@SeanD Thanks for some eventual contact from BT, although you post does not really detail what is going on, as for reporting things to your help line, I did email a few times and nobody even bothered to reply

Personally system is fairly stable and lasts usually at least a week before a reboot is required

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 360 of 1,165

Hi @Steve59,

Sorry to hear that you did not get a reply from the support team, all emails should be answered so I will find out what went wrong there.  If you have an email reference please drop me a PM and I will find out what happened?

I appreciate the response above does not go into detail as to what is going on but I know the guys in the product team are working flat out to find a solution.  As soon as I have more information to share I will most certainly do so.

Just know that we are very much aware of this issue and our priority is to provide a fix to everyone.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You