cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abattle
Contributor
Message 371 of 1,166

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

I've mentioned changing the 5Ghz channel before, as this is the band used for communicating between the discs (2.4Ghz whn the yellow light is on). The symptons people have mentioned all point to comms issues between the discs. Mine is set on 44.

0 Ratings
GCAL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 372 of 1,166

Changing the 2.4 and 5ghz manually also worked for me. Well most of the time. I have 5 discs. BT must make downgrading possible or test things properly before release. I had problem right over Easter with zero support from BT for 4 days! A serious pain.
0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 373 of 1,166

@abattlewrote:

I've mentioned changing the 5Ghz channel before, as this is the band used for communicating between the discs (2.4Ghz whn the yellow light is on). The symptons people have mentioned all point to comms issues between the discs. Mine is set on 44.

There doesn't seem to be a direct connection between the  2.4GHz channel and the yellow light. I have been fiddling with my channel setings and sometimes it's been on 2.4 GHz but showing "good connection" and the LED has still been blue.

0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 374 of 1,166

@GCALwrote:
Changing the 2.4 and 5ghz manually also worked for me. Well most of the time.

I've now swapped mine onto fixed channels. It will be interesting to see if it improves reliabilty.

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 375 of 1,166

Have always had the 5GHz on a fixed channel as to avoid other in-house activity as SkyQ communicates on its mesh with the multi room using 5ghz
0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 376 of 1,166

@tsr2wrote:

I've now swapped mine onto fixed channels. It will be interesting to see if it improves reliabilty.

Less than 24 hours later I've had to power cycle one of the disks, so that would a definite NO.

0 Ratings
Gdotp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 377 of 1,166

Three discs 

disk 1 to 2 use Ethernet backhaul and 2 to 3 the 5ghz set to auto. On this build we were seeing a blue light failure about once per week. I then changed to fixed channel 40 last week and it’s still failed. Based on this I’m not sure I’m not sure fixing the channel fixes the issue but it may of course help some people. 

0 Ratings
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 378 of 1,166

After factory resetting my BT Whole Home my 3 disc system lasted 6 days before devices would no longer connect, first my iPad would connect and disconnect in a loop and say that the password was invalid. Then my Amazon Echo would no longer connect, I restarted the system but when this happens it changes my topology so that one of my discs connects to my Ethernet disc that is further away from another Ethernet disc adding -10 onto my signal strength. I wish I could choose topology. 

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 379 of 1,166

Still up, now at 17 days

0 Ratings
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 380 of 1,166

The soft reset I did didn’t last long at all, tonight my iPad lost connection again, trying to reconnect causes an error saying the password is incorrect, Alexa and Prime tabs having connection issues. 

I did a power button reset on all my discs, my topology went back to the optimal setup so hoping it will last a week now at least. 

0 Ratings