cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abattle
Contributor
Message 381 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

My SmartHub usually stays synced for about 28 days before resyncing. On the last two occasions it has done this, my WHWF has had to be restarted within 24 hours because all devices can’t connect. Apart from that, the WHWF has been fine.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
plunet
Beginner
Message 382 of 1,165

Hey guys,

I know you're all "suffering" on v1.02.04 but I've recently bought a twin disc pack and have restrained myself on the factory default firmware which is v1.02.01 build22 until I see some more positive news on here about better firmware.

The real query I have with this older version of the firmware which seems to have less features is whether the 2nd disc can only be Wifi mesh uplink rather than ethernet uplink. I can give it an ethernet link but then they don't seem to "talk" to each other and form a grouping if the 2nd disc has an ethernet uplink and there's no client matching going on. Does anyone have any experience of this older firmware and can comment? Or of course if there were some published release notes (looking at you BT)...

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
TheRealMe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 383 of 1,165

Also having major problems with v1.02.04 build 10, it worked flawlessly until 27/02/2018 when it updated to this new firmware, since then my whole system has been totally unreliable. I have 4 discs on my system, I am losing patience, my Wife and Son are losing patience, it comes to something when all 3 of us at home are using the 4G on our phones and tablets because Whole Home WiFi is not working correctly.

Devices drop wifi, the whole home wifi disconnects multiple times a day, plays havoc with my CCTV. Last night, I had to reboot my system 4 times to get it to work, then half an hour later is stopped again.

So frustrated, does anyone have any idea when the new firmware is being rolled out or even how to downgrade to the previous firmware before v1.02.04 build 10, I never had a single problem back then!

0 Ratings
RS4
Contributor
Message 384 of 1,165

There is currently no mention at all when or even if this will ever be fixed!

Whilst others seem to have had some success, or been able to tolerate the situation by playing with settings (look back over this topic history) there is no reliable solution - we are all waiting for a fixed firmware.

To make matters worse, despite for a long time calling for users to have the ability to manually upload firmware, and thus the option to downgrade to a previous version, still the product does not have this capability and thus we are all stuck with no possibility of removing the obviously untested, or at least extremly poorly tested, firmware.

There is however a sort of workaround...

Email btconnectedhome@bt.com  (btconnectedhome at bt.com) and complain.  

They should then offer to replace all your existing discs with replacements that have the previous firmware installed.

PROVIDED you do NOT enable the "auto update" feature then these replacement discs will be running the previous firmware and thus work as before.

I am expecting my replacements to arrive today, and a pre-paid collection for the return of my existing discs should have been arranged for next Tuesday.

TheRealMe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 385 of 1,165

Thank you, I have emailed my complaint and will see what they have to say. Appreciate your reply RS4
0 Ratings
plunet
Beginner
Message 386 of 1,165

Just for info, my 'new' discs which were shipped with v1.02.01 build22 do not even have an auto update option. The app nags me to upgrade the firmware every morning but I just dismiss the notification.
0 Ratings
Rossboo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 387 of 1,165

I think I'm going to have to contact bt for replacement discs also. I have tried every fix mentioned on this thread but still constantly get dropouts and disconnects.
0 Ratings
RS4
Contributor
Message 388 of 1,165

I think EVERYONE suffereing a problem on this thread SHOULD contact BT for replacement discs.

Perhaps then BT will recognise the cost to themselves of not having the ability for users to install versions of firmware locally, and better still may actually undertake higher quality testing prior to firmware releases.

I am pretty sure the firmware development is not done by BT themselves, and therefore I bet all BT do is "trust" the developer that it has actually been tested.  At the end of the day this does not matter, it is a BT logo on the product, and we are BT customers, and we have been treated very badly and will not forget.

richdavies1950
Beginner
Message 389 of 1,165

I had all the problems voiced on this forum but I solved it in a simple way. This worked for me. I only have 2 discs, disc 1 connected to router with cable. Site disc 2 so it has line of site, no obstructions. The app should read 'excellent connection' Test this for a day or 2 to see if you get any drop outs. If it becomes stable resite the satellite disc until you get the coverage you need. My guess is it will start dropping out again. My experience indicates a signal strength issue. Hope this may help.
0 Ratings
MTG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 390 of 1,165

How do you manage to dismiss the message to update?

My app one has the option to update or exit - so as a result I can no longer use the app!!
0 Ratings