cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MTG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 391 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

Unfortunately Rich I’m not sure it’s that simple; before returning my first set I had them all the same (large) room and it still kept dropping out.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
plunet
Beginner
Message 392 of 1,165

I don't use the app. Just use the web server on the primary disc. I've not very been able to get into the app because of this but I am not sure what I am missing lol.
0 Ratings
Yorkie29
Contributor
Message 393 of 1,165

Just to give a 'heads up' (awful phrase but you know what I mean) here. From my experience of setting up replacement disks and all the palaver of reinstalling everything I kept getting the message that the app could not connect to the network.  Several factory resets and re-re- installations later I hit on the idea that it was the app rather than the disks/network that was at fault.  Rebooting my mobile solved that issue and I suspect simply closing the app and reopening would have the same effect.  Won't solve the dropping out and/or poor signal strength or range issues but may prevent some people from thinking they are going mad.

0 Ratings
TheRealMe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 394 of 1,165

This is the reply I received approx 3 hours after contacting BT

Good Morning 

sorry to hear that your having these issues with the whole home system, our guys in the labs are working on a solution to these issues and should shortly have these address but at the moment they are unable to give us even a rough eta as soon as one is available this will be passed around.

if you could fill in the below questions for us - the more information they get the better they can work towards a solution, your responces will be passed across and hopefully will help:

Hi

Thanks for contacting the Connected Home Helpdesk. To help us troubleshoot this problem please let us know the following if possible:

1. How many discs do you have and how were they boxed (e.g. triple pack, single disc add-on)

2. What is the make/model of your router?

3. What colour is the LED on each disc?

4. How are the discs connected? (Ethernet or Wi-Fi)

5. What is the status of each disc shown in the app? (Excellent, Good but move closer to router etc)

6. What version of software are each of the discs running? (Shown in disc details for each disc)

7. What version of the app is installed? (Shown under help, then About the app)

8. Are any particular devices having problems? If so, please provide the make/model and software version (if known).

9. Have you changed any settings from the defaults (with the app or web interface)? If so, please confirm which settings were changed.

10. Is the problem resolved by a reboot or factory reset?

11. How does the problem present itself? Do devices lose Wi-Fi connectivity? Or do they show Wi-Fi is connected but cannot access the Internet?

12. When the problem occurs, does it affect all devices at once? Or do individual devices appear to stop working on their own?

13. Can you resolve the problem on a particular device by switching Wi-Fi off, then back on and reconnecting?

14. Can you confirm the band and signal strength for each disc, seen in the app under Disc Details for each disc or on the web interface (http://mybtdevice.home), under Status > Discs?

15. A screenshot of the topology page on the app or the overview page from the web interface (main page once you log in)

16.Details of the environment:

Roughly how many different networks show up when you do a scan on your device (e.g. Wi-Fi Settings)

How many devices are connected to the Whole Home Wi-Fi network – Wired and Wireless

How often does the problem occur – does it ever resolve itself or is a reboot the only way to fix it?

17. Could you also provide System Logs for the discs. To do this enter http://mybtdevice.home in a web browser on a device connected to the Whole Home WiFi. Enter the Admin Password when prompted. Tap System then System Log. You can then create and export logs for the discs. This may help us diagnose what is happening to cause this problem. Can you also let us know the MAC address of any particular devices which you’ll find in the app under Devices or in the web login under Status and Devices.​

BT Connected Home Helpdesk

0 Ratings
Forthay
Contributor
Message 395 of 1,165

@TheRealMewrote:

This is the reply I received approx 3 hours after contacting BT

Good Morning 

sorry to hear that your having these issues with the whole home system, our guys in the labs are working on a solution to these issues and should shortly have these address but at the moment they are unable to give us even a rough eta as soon as one is available this will be passed around.

if you could fill in the below questions for us - the more information they get the better they can work towards a solution, your responces will be passed across and hopefully will help:

Hi

Thanks for contacting the Connected Home Helpdesk. To help us troubleshoot this problem please let us know the following if possible:

1. How many discs do you have and how were they boxed (e.g. triple pack, single disc add-on)

2. What is the make/model of your router?

3. What colour is the LED on each disc?

4. How are the discs connected? (Ethernet or Wi-Fi)

5. What is the status of each disc shown in the app? (Excellent, Good but move closer to router etc)

6. What version of software are each of the discs running? (Shown in disc details for each disc)

7. What version of the app is installed? (Shown under help, then About the app)

8. Are any particular devices having problems? If so, please provide the make/model and software version (if known).

9. Have you changed any settings from the defaults (with the app or web interface)? If so, please confirm which settings were changed.

10. Is the problem resolved by a reboot or factory reset?

11. How does the problem present itself? Do devices lose Wi-Fi connectivity? Or do they show Wi-Fi is connected but cannot access the Internet?

12. When the problem occurs, does it affect all devices at once? Or do individual devices appear to stop working on their own?

13. Can you resolve the problem on a particular device by switching Wi-Fi off, then back on and reconnecting?

14. Can you confirm the band and signal strength for each disc, seen in the app under Disc Details for each disc or on the web interface (http://mybtdevice.home), under Status > Discs?

15. A screenshot of the topology page on the app or the overview page from the web interface (main page once you log in)

16.Details of the environment:

Roughly how many different networks show up when you do a scan on your device (e.g. Wi-Fi Settings)

How many devices are connected to the Whole Home Wi-Fi network – Wired and Wireless

How often does the problem occur – does it ever resolve itself or is a reboot the only way to fix it?

17. Could you also provide System Logs for the discs. To do this enter http://mybtdevice.home in a web browser on a device connected to the Whole Home WiFi. Enter the Admin Password when prompted. Tap System then System Log. You can then create and export logs for the discs. This may help us diagnose what is happening to cause this problem. Can you also let us know the MAC address of any particular devices which you’ll find in the app under Devices or in the web login under Status and Devices.​

BT Connected Home Helpdesk

This is a standard reply. Give them the details and you'll most likely find they'll then offer you a replacement set of disks if thats what you want to do.

0 Ratings
jimbg
Contributor
Message 396 of 1,165

Just had an email from BT:-

Learn how Whole Home Wi-Fi can bring super-fast, super-reliable internet to your home – whether big or small – with our scenario tool. Get expert advice, reviews and recommendations, whatever your set up!

Our scenarios can help you choose between our three Whole Home Wi-Fi solutions, so you can find the one that best suits your needs. Need internet to reach the upstairs office? Want to add another disc to your existing Wi-Fi set up? Look no further. Connect all your devices to the strongest and fastest signal all at the same time, so you can play TV, films, music and games on any device, in any room. You can even pause the internet and set schedules in the trusty smartphone app. It’s Wi-Fi at its finest.

What a joke!!

0 Ratings
MTG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 397 of 1,165

This is horrendous - even after all the reported fault, their response is still to colllect this basic data.

I foolishly provided log files multiple times assuming this would enable them to quickly identify what was happening. No such luck - no diagnosis and no tangible help whatsoever.
0 Ratings
intgom
Beginner
Message 398 of 1,165

I received the same standard template response from BT and sent all information back to them on Monday  Not a peep from them since.  Might call them later, or just take the whole lot back to store for a refund then buy Google Wifi.  More expensive but hey, if it works....

In the meantime, my discs are crashing about every 2 days, though a power-cycle ususally fixes it.   

0 Ratings
TheRealMe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 399 of 1,165

Sent my info back this morning, now the waiting begins

0 Ratings
MrX911
Contributor
Message 400 of 1,165

@intgomwrote:

I received the same standard template response from BT and sent all information back to them on Monday  Not a peep from them since.  Might call them later, or just take the whole lot back to store for a refund then buy Google Wifi.  More expensive but hey, if it works....

In the meantime, my discs are crashing about every 2 days, though a power-cycle ususally fixes it.   

Out of interest are you still within your return period with the store you purchased from or are you claiming faulty product, which in opinion it is if it doesn’t work as advertised. 

0 Ratings