cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tribunepind
Contributor
Message 431 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

Can you use a wired backhaul with these? Also can you use them just as mesh access points and let your current router handle ip addresses etc.
0 Ratings
RS4
Contributor
Message 432 of 1,165

@Dan-O
@steveD
Lest we forget, this thread was started on 26th February.
It is now 21st April.
So give or take couple of days it have now been EIGHT WEEKS and still absolutely no sign at all of progress now expectation of a fix.

That’s EIGHT WEEKS already!!!
0 Ratings
tribunepind
Contributor
Message 433 of 1,165

@tribunepindwrote:
Can you use a wired backhaul with these? Also can you use them just as mesh access points and let your current router handle ip addresses etc.

Sorry,  I was referring to the TP Link mesh discs. 

0 Ratings
TheRealMe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 434 of 1,165

@tribunepindwrote:

@tribunepindwrote:

Sorry,  I was referring to the TP Link mesh discs. 

I haven’t tried it, but the help page within the app says this...

Does Deco support Ethernet Backhaul? Note: Please note that the main Deco unit will act as an NAT router, which will create its own network separated from the existing network. Yes, Deco supports Ethernet Backhaul. Thanks to this feature, every two Deco units can be wired together with an Ethernet cable. And Deco prefers to transmit data between the two units via Ethernet connection, which is more stable and faster than Wi-Fi. Step 1 Please set up all Deco units on the same network through the Deco app before wire them together. Keep them in the same room during setup. Step 2 Connect Deco units via ethernet cables. Here are two typical connection structures for Ethernet Backhaul: 

Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 435 of 1,165

I have noticed today that we lost ethernet around 15:21, but decided to just leave the discs as I was going out, came back and discs had sorted themselves out and internet is back, 23 days since last reboot. Looking at the log we may have been without internet for around 20mins. Doesn't bother me at the moment but may be an issue if I decide to add a Nest camera.

0 Ratings
GCAL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 436 of 1,165

BT Whole Home (no) Wi-Fi just keeled over after 14 days. That’s a house record! Still it’s gone now well and truly and the complaints from the house rolling in. I’m writing this will in my mobile and 4g as no internet connection. BT is great isn’t it. The best. Maybe we need to start a new thread every day and all post to it until the **bleep** (that’s the B in BT) fix it.
0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 437 of 1,165

After losing internet again today had to sucome to a reboot, 23 days not too bad I guess

0 Ratings
Highlighted
IanD2
Contributor
Message 438 of 1,165

Got my replacement 6 discs as arranged on Friday. Set them up suspiciously easily, and have all 6 running on firmware v1.02.03 build03. Auto update is turned off, but obviously the app persists in telling there is an update available.

Well, within an hour of set up on Friday, the internet crashed. It came back on by itself after a few minutes.

All has been fine until today at about 17:00, when it crashed again, this time needing a reboot of the master disc to get it back. During the crash, all discs continue to show their normal connection status, but the app has a red banner on the home page, even though it says I'm 'online'.

For all those hankering for the old firmware....it still crashes with the old one.

I'll keep the system as is, and await the new firmware in the hope it will fix my issues.

At least all my Google Homes now connect to the system with the old firmware.

As a BTTV/ BT Sport subscriber, I've had issues getting the internet live sports channels to work with anything other than BT equipment, so whilst I'd love to move to Google Wifi or another product, I just think I'll have other problems. I did try Google Wifi but it wouldn't talk to the BT Smart Hub.

IAN D.

0 Ratings
TheRealMe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 439 of 1,165

@Forthaywrote:

@TheRealMewrote:

Mine went back this morning and my new TP-Link Deco system has arrived so will be setting that up in a bit, a lost customer for BT here, shame as when it worked before the firmware update, I was really pleased with it. 

Let us know how you get on and what you think in comparison. I was considering Netgear srk60 but it has massive plugs and whilst range should be great I'm just finding it hard accepting two modules can replace the six discs of the BT Wholehome.

2 days into using Deco and have to say, so far MUCh better than the Whole Home System (even when it worked before the firmware update) not dropped connections once, WiFi now covers my whole property including rear garden, front driveway, areas not previously covered.

My CCTV seem to load faster on phones and ipads, both at home and remotley, Ring doorbell loves it, best connection to that since I had it. 

Only 3 Deco discs covering an area that 4 Whole Home Wifi discs didnt. One placed by my router at front of house, one in Kitchen at rear of house and the 3rd upstairs.

My Son is still to report back to me regarding his Xbox and PS4 gaming experience, should know about that tonight.

All in all, very pleased so far and glad I didnt exchange like for like with older firmware.

Its a thumbs up from me (at the moment) 

0 Ratings
RS4
Contributor
Message 440 of 1,165

My 5 replacement discs arrived (3 pack plus 2 addons) and I installed them on Sunday.

HOWEVER...

No matter how hard I try I have so far been unable to activate the two addons, they will not join the existing 3 discs.

Following the usual "Add a new disc" process worked perfectly for No2 and No3, but both the addons discs complete the process but end up with a solid red light and are undetected and unusable.

I do not know if this is a problem with the previous firmware (in this case v1.02.03 build03) because my previous 5 discs were installed with a prior firmware and then all upgraded to v1.02.03 build03 at the same time.

So now I have 3 discs working again on v1.02.03 build03 but NOT the 2 addon discs.  

The nightmare continues...

0 Ratings