Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RS4
Contributor
Message 461 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

@Forthay

Indeed checking the capabilities/limitations of these solutions does reveal the majority of them do not allow wireless clients to access wired clients from the upstream router.  Certainly something to watch out for if you need this.

I for one absolutely need these devices to work with an existing wired network.  The Deco and Orbi for example have this limitation, however the Orbi Pro does not.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Forthay
Contributor
Message 462 of 1,165

@RS4wrote:

@Forthay

Indeed checking the capabilities/limitations of these solutions does reveal the majority of them do not allow wireless clients to access wired clients from the upstream router.  Certainly something to watch out for if you need this.

I for one absolutely need these devices to work with an existing wired network.  The Deco and Orbi for example have this limitation, however the Orbi Pro does not.

Same here, I need any replacement to work with existing wired clients from the router. Do you know if the clients connected via the Orbi Pro in AP mode are listed?

!!! Come on BT, please give us a fix, or an update !!!

0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 463 of 1,165

@TonyFrendwrote:
Extremely disappointing as I like to support BT when possible.

Seriously?!!

Why?

Yorkie29
Contributor
Message 464 of 1,165

Remember it's BT  that we are dealing with - the same company that owns Openreach who sent nine engineers over a three month period each one saying I need a new telephone line before they actually installed one.  Procrastination and lack of response is in their DNA.

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 465 of 1,165

Perhaps it should be reported to Ofcom !

0 Ratings
TonyFrend
Aspiring Contributor
Message 466 of 1,165

@tsr2wrote:

@TonyFrendwrote:
Extremely disappointing as I like to support BT when possible.

Seriously?!!

Why?

I understand your surprise. Smiley Happy

I suppose I had optimistically hoped that BT had improved recently especially in light of the generally positive reviews of the system that I had read before I purchased it. I am also of an age when BT had some reputation of being a 'quality' company. This reputation may never have been deserved. 

Did not dream that a company could so badly break a key product and then not have a fix for the issue over 8 weeks later.

It seems as if the company still has the mind-set of a monopoly telecoms company and does not realise that customers now have the option to return their product and buy another (better supported) one.

It will be a long time before I buy another of their products.

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 467 of 1,165

@Dan-O@SeanD@Mark-I

Gents, Surely one of you chaps has access to someone who can make a statement about the current situation

What percentage of users are affected by the issues ?

Are BT actually in control of fixing it or are you reliant on a 3rd party ?

Who makes this product ?

0 Ratings
Joe1971
Contributor
Message 468 of 1,165

Just joining this conversation and have read lots of the pages but not all.

I initially bought a 3 disk pack which worked perfectly. Bought another 2 pack and just set up an additional 1 of the disks in the existing 3 disk mesh. Worked great for a while then started to get the issues seen here. Tried a number of things however what has stabilised it for me is removing the additional disk so I am only using the initial 3 pack I purchased.

So my question is, has everyone that is seeing the issue added additional disks to their system that weren’t initially part of their purchased set ?
0 Ratings
Ssadler
Message 469 of 1,165

Hello all

Stumbled upon this thread whilst getting so frustrated at having to reboot my system almost daily and something’s that now even fixing it. I have a 3 disc system and am only running 2 of them which got the system back online.
I have logged tickets with BT and over the past 3 weeks they just keep asking me questions and requesting I submit logs, haven’t actually given me any information or help.
I ran this system with out issue for 10 months and sold it to my clients of which some are having the same issue.
0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 470 of 1,165

@Joe1971wrote:
So my question is, has everyone that is seeing the issue added additional disks to their system that weren’t initially part of their purchased set ?

I just have 3 disks that I bought as a set.

0 Ratings