Message 471 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

I had a three disc and a 1 disc add on now returned
0 Ratings
Palazzo13
Contributor
Message 472 of 1,165

I had the problem twice in 2 days one week after purchasing a 3 disk set and updating to 1.02.04.

That was on 9th March, but I haven't had the disk dropping out problem since then. I haven't moved the discs, or changed the config before or after that incident.

I have restarted the network once, when one device refused to connect, just over 2 weeks ago.

Have sent BT all the logs from March but not heard back for over a week.
0 Ratings
Message 473 of 1,165

Hi everyone,

I can assure you that teams are working hard to fix this. Our previous briefing still applies.

"we apologise for the issues some of you have had recently with your whole home Wi-Fi product.

Our technical teams have been working very hard to investigate over the last few weeks and we thank those of you who have contacted us and given us some logs and feedback.  

If you're affected by an issue and haven't already contacted us, then please do so on 0808 1006116 or btconnectedhome@bt.com. When doing so, and if you're willing, we may also ask you for some help with logs and details of your environment to help with our investigation.

Thanks for your continued patience.

If you’d prefer not to wait for this and your system isn't working for you, you're obviously within your statutory right to return your product for a refund back to the retailer where you bought it . But we hope you’ll stick with us for a bit longer…

BT Whole Home Wifi Product Team

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Forthay
Contributor
Message 474 of 1,165

@PaddyBwrote:

Hi everyone,

I can assure you that teams are working hard to fix this. Our previous briefing still applies.

"we apologise for the issues some of you have had recently with your whole home Wi-Fi product.

Our technical teams have been working very hard to investigate over the last few weeks and we thank those of you who have contacted us and given us some logs and feedback.  

If you're affected by an issue and haven't already contacted us, then please do so on 0808 1006116 or btconnectedhome@bt.com. When doing so, and if you're willing, we may also ask you for some help with logs and details of your environment to help with our investigation.

If you’d prefer not to wait for this and your system isn't working for you, you're obviously within your statutory right to return your product for a refund back to the retailer where you bought it . But we hope you’ll stick with us for a bit longer…

Paddy, thanks for the response but as you say there is nothing new here.

A few weeks? 8 weeks and counting by our recogning. Is this how your counting the number of users effectect too?

Personally I'm looking for is some indication of when BT think/hope this will be fixed. I'm one who does want to stay but have already lined up a return to Amazon. Luckily for me they've given me a what I consider to be a huge return period of a month so still considering my options.

Also, whilst I'm not in this position I believe some users have bought a system they cannot return for whatever reason.

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 475 of 1,165

@PaddyBwrote:

Hi everyone,

@PaddyB Thanks for at least posting, but I do feel your response is unacceptable stance from BT, it does not take 8+ weeks to identify a problem to at least give a suitable update of why it is happening. It may take longer to resolve the firmware but even then days not weeks. 8 weeks to me tells me that BT have no clue what has happened

Can you reproduce the problem - 1

If so is there firmware in beta test that we are not aware of - 2

0 Ratings
plunet
Beginner
Message 476 of 1,165

@PaddyB Thanks for at least posting, but I do feel your response is unacceptable stance from BT, it does not take 8+ weeks to identify a problem to at least give a suitable update of why it is happening. It may take longer to resolve the firmware but even then days not weeks. 8 weeks to me tells me that BT have no clue what has happened

Can you reproduce the problem - 1

If so is there firmware in beta test that we are not aware of - 2

I would have thought this might also be useful

Can we have release notes published for each version of firmware -3

Why can you not make available previous versions of firmware to allow customers who are having the probleems to self downgrade to the previous firmware - 4

0 Ratings
Joe1971
Contributor
Message 477 of 1,165

Paddy, I’m keen to stay with the product, but do your dev guys know what this issue actually is?

Another issue I have it that we only use tablet and mobile devices here and the software doesn’t appear to let me download logs to a tablet device, a bit of an oversight, therefore I can’t provide logs easily. I have provided the other information as requested, but think the ability to download logs to a mobile/tablet device should be implemented.
0 Ratings
Vatiquette
Aspiring Contributor
Message 478 of 1,165

I’ll take some comfort in that BT are monitoring this thread.

It is challenging to post any meaningful update when resolving complicated firmware issues. However, even a “we’re still working on it” is better than silience.

There may even be some workarounds, while not perfect, that may be worth publishing.

As for rolling back the firmware - I suspect the process isn’t designed to do it so they’d need to release it as build 10a which would impact users who are not experiencing problems. To avoid this they’d likely need to tweak it further to allow you the choice but I suspect they’ve chosen to throw all their resource at a hot fix and testing cycle before release.

0 Ratings
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 479 of 1,165

I'm puzzled why an earlier software version can't be made available. My discs were regressed to an earlier version so I can't check v1.02.04 build 10 but this one shows the option to manually update firmware:Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Danfard
Beginner
Message 480 of 1,165

After a significant amount of instability recently (internet connection dropouts, disconnections, WholeHome app 'not connected' warnings), I disabled the guest WiFi and my issues appear to have been resolved.

Not ideal, but somehow related?
0 Ratings