Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Vatiquette
Aspiring Contributor
Message 481 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

@Danfardwrote:
After a significant amount of instability recently (internet connection dropouts, disconnections, WholeHome app 'not connected' warnings), I disabled the guest WiFi and my issues appear to have been resolved.

Not ideal, but somehow related?

Not one I’ve seen mentioned before but it may  work for some.

0 Ratings
Vatiquette
Aspiring Contributor
Message 482 of 1,165

@brummygitwrote:

I'm puzzled why an earlier software version can't be made available. My discs were regressed to an earlier version so I can't check v1.02.04 build 10 but this one shows the option to manually update firmware:Capture.JPG

Guess my question would be their motivations to remove the option and not provide an alternative mechanism.

There’s quite a chunk of bad PR on this thread and if releasing rollback firmware would reduce this then why not do it?

IMO there must be a very good, or perhaps legal, reason for not rolling back. If you manage to escalate your support call into 2nd line they will replace your discs with older firmware - this is likely to be far more expensive than the rollback option - after all it’s literally a case of taking old firmware and publish with a point increment and we’d all rollback.

The irony, for me, is BT is a communications company that is ineffective in communicating the issues and the reasons for not rolling back or at least providing an option.

0 Ratings
TheRealMe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 483 of 1,165

@Danfardwrote:
After a significant amount of instability recently (internet connection dropouts, disconnections, WholeHome app 'not connected' warnings), I disabled the guest WiFi and my issues appear to have been resolved.

I didnt have a guest WiFi set up and mine still wouldnt work correctly after the firmware update.

0 Ratings
Joe1971
Contributor
Message 484 of 1,165

Me neither. All the issues happened after I added an additional disk to the original 3 disk pack. Once I removed it everything was fine.
0 Ratings
TonyFrend
Aspiring Contributor
Message 485 of 1,165

I have had issues with just the standard 3 disc set-up.

0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 486 of 1,165

@Danfardwrote:

I disabled guest wifi yesterday and had another dropout today, so it doesn't seem to be helping.

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 487 of 1,165

I seem to have fixed my problems eont work for all but by simply setting the Wi-Fi freq to a set channel and then connecting every disc to Ethernet.
Basically using as Wifi access points not drop out/off since my last post where I was struggling daily before.
0 Ratings
Vatiquette
Aspiring Contributor
Message 488 of 1,165

@fozwrote:
I seem to have fixed my problems eont work for all but by simply setting the Wi-Fi freq to a set channel and then connecting every disc to Ethernet.
Basically using as Wifi access points not drop out/off since my last post where I was struggling daily before.

That’s what worked best for me but for others it doesn’t help. Makes you wonder if there’s more than one issue causing the same resulting problem.

0 Ratings
Message 489 of 1,165

OK so just an update for where I am on all this, just had my four discs swapped out for a seperate set 

These have Firmware 1.02.03 Build 03, obviously disabled auto updates

Have connected all four without issues (so far) and wait and see what happens

ReD

Palazzo13
Contributor
Message 490 of 1,165

Too good to last - I haven't had a disc dropout since 9th March but today just lost the 2 secondary discs which decided to form their own network without the master disk 🙂 (And therefore no internet connection).

Lets see if they last another 7 weeks before the next outage.

Looking forward to the fixed firmware, BT.

0 Ratings