Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyFrend
Aspiring Contributor
Message 501 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

@Steve59wrote:

@TonyFrend Can I clarify if I may, will a wireless device connect to the NAS if the NAS is connected to the router via ethernet and NOT the TP Link, as that is how the BT WH works 

To clarify, my NAS was connected to the router via an ethernet connection to a separate TP-Link switch (i.e. my NAS is not connected directly to any of the Deco discs). My gateway Deco disc is connected to this separate TP-Link switch via an ethernet cable.

I already had a TP-Link switch in my network as I needed more ethernet ports to connect my NAS and other wired devices.

0 Ratings
Forthay
Contributor
Message 502 of 1,165

@TonyFrendwrote:

@Steve59wrote:

@TonyFrend Can I clarify if I may, will a wireless device connect to the NAS if the NAS is connected to the router via ethernet and NOT the TP Link, as that is how the BT WH works 

To clarify, my NAS was connected to the router via an ethernet connection to a separate TP-Link switch (i.e. my NAS is not connected directly to any of the Deco discs). My gateway Deco disc is connected to this separate TP-Link switch via an ethernet cable.

I already had a TP-Link switch in my network as I needed more ethernet ports to connect my NAS and other wired devices.

@TonyFrend Can you see all the devices via the deco app including your NAS? I’m still trying to decide between the deco and orbi 53 and yet still wishing for a BT fix. Ive spent more time on this than looking for a car, house etc.

Had 3 consecutive failures today so dropped to 3 Discs in the hope for some stability.

0 Ratings
TonyFrend
Aspiring Contributor
Message 503 of 1,165

@Forthaywrote:

@TonyFrendwrote:

@Steve59wrote:

@TonyFrend Can you see all the devices via the deco app including your NAS? I’m still trying to decide between the deco and orbi 53 and yet still wishing for a BT fix. Ive spent more time on this than looking for a car, house etc.

Had 3 consecutive failures today so dropped to 3 Discs in the hope for some stability.

No, you can only see the wireless devices on the Deco app. I use another network scanning app on my phone that can see all the devices on my local network.

Forthay
Contributor
Message 504 of 1,165

@TonyFrendwrote:

@Forthaywrote:

@TonyFrendwrote:

@Steve59wrote:

No, you can only see the wireless devices on the Deco app. I use another network scanning app on my phone that can see all the devices on my local network.

Well if I can still use my NAS that’s hardwired to the BT SmartHub and stream to all wireless clients on the deco mesh things become interesting even if I cannot see the NAS in the Deco app.

@TonyFrend let us know how stability looks over the coming days.

0 Ratings
acamsell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 505 of 1,165

Two full months since this was last working and no news from BT as to when a fix can be expected.  Best anyone has managed so far is “we’re working on it”.  I bought this in December so hopefully will be able to get a refund and change to a different system.  Annoyingly this was working brilliantly until the last update, now it’s just junk.

The TP Link Deco option looks like it might be the way forward.

TheRealMe
Aspiring Contributor
Message 506 of 1,165

@TonyFrendwrote:

@Forthaywrote:

@TonyFrendwrote:

@Steve59wrote:

Can I ask what app you use please? I have a iPhone and it seems most if not all now block MAC address and only IP address is viewable, however, I think this is a IoS problem NOT a app one.

0 Ratings
TonyFrend
Aspiring Contributor
Message 507 of 1,165

@TheRealMewrote:

@TonyFrendwrote:

Can I ask what app you use please? I have a iPhone and it seems most if not all now block MAC address and only IP address is viewable, however, I think this is a IoS problem NOT a app one.

I have an Android phone and use the app in the Link below:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.easymobile.lan.scanner

This captures MAC, ping, and IP information and allows you to give the devices a nickname.

Not sure if there is an iOS version.

Best regards,

Tony

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 508 of 1,165

Hi everyone,

I don’t have any further updates yet on the progress of providing a solution for this issue but I wanted to correct some incorrect information the helpdesk appears to have supplied to some of you.  

The Whole Home Wi-fi system is a mesh solution and not a repeater.  I am sorry for any confusion caused by anyone who was told otherwise.

As soon as we get any further updates from the product team we will post back here.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Garyoke
Beginner
Message 509 of 1,165

I haven’t had the email dropouts that everyone else is getting. My problem is that on discs 2 & 3 it constantly drops then reconnects my Philips Hue hub every 5 seconds which is connected by Ethernet.

Or shall I say “was”. It suddenly all started working again last Wednesday and has been working perfectly since.
I guess it could go wrong again - but so far it’s been reliable.
As far as I’m aware I’ve done nothing correct it - firmware updates disabled on the Wholehome and the hue hubs.

I hope I’m not tempting fate by posting this!!
0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 510 of 1,165

Lasted 9 days this time before needing to reboot discs, all 4 showed blue led, only 1 disc showing in topology, and its not the master, all back on again following reboot
0 Ratings