cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garyoke
Beginner
Message 511 of 1,166

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

I spoke too soon. Whole system went down at 9.30am this morning. Had to reboot it all 1 disc at a time to get it to work. And the Hue Bridge has stopped working with it again 😡
0 Ratings
choddo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 512 of 1,166

Mine works. And the meshing works better than it did on the old version.

It just keeps dropping connections to phones (mine, not the rest of the family for some reason) and sometimes screws up completely. Like half the disks just went offline tonight. I mean, it is without question a disastrous piece of software.

But most of the time it works.

0 Ratings
foz
Expert
Message 513 of 1,166

May I ask why you have no further update on this issue?
I find your reply quite demoralising for us all.
You should be on to your supervisor to get these issues fixed asap it's been MONTHS now!!
Quite disgusting, as a business owner myself I would bankrupt if I run a business like this
0 Ratings
Fatjogger
Beginner
Message 514 of 1,166

I took a chance, despite the various stories of the firmware issues, and purchased a 2 disc set up back in mid April and I'd really like some indication from BT they have an idea of what is wrong and a plan to fix it - my window to get a refund (from Amazon) will soon close.

When its working the system is great, but I get 2 related types of problems.

For most devices that either only use the 2.4GHz band, or decide to switch over to it, they occasionally loose the ability to connect to the internet or other devices on the network when they are using the disc connected to my router, turning the devices WiFi off and on fix's it.

For a set of WiFi temperature sensors (2.4Ghz) they show the same problem, but only recover by moving them so they start connecting to the second (satellite) disc then back again.

Either way the problem only seems to occur with the disc connected to the router. Tried factory re-sets, swapped the discs over, fixed the WiFi channels but the problem persists.

I've logged the problem, and filled in detailed responses to the 17 questions BT then sent back to me (free bug investigation for BT?), and I'd happily be patient if I knew a fix was planned, otherwise it's a return and maybe try some of the alternatives people have mentioned.

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 515 of 1,166

@Fatjoggerwrote:

I took a chance, despite the various stories of the firmware issues, and purchased a 2 disc set up back in mid April and I'd really like some indication from BT they have an idea of what is wrong and a plan to fix it - my window to get a refund (from Amazon) will soon close.

For most devices that either only use the 2.4GHz band, or decide to switch over to it, they occasionally loose the ability to connect to the internet or other devices on the network when they are using the disc connected to my router, turning the devices WiFi off and on fix's it.

For a set of WiFi temperature sensors (2.4Ghz) they show the same problem, but only recover by moving them so they start connecting to the second (satellite) disc then back again.

Either way the problem only seems to occur with the disc connected to the router. Tried factory re-sets, swapped the discs over, fixed the WiFi channels but the problem persists.

I've logged the problem, and filled in detailed responses to the 17 questions BT then sent back to me (free bug investigation for BT?), and I'd happily be patient if I knew a fix was planned, otherwise it's a return and maybe try some of the alternatives people have mentioned.

@Fatjogger I would take a look at this 

http://mybtdevice.home/steering.htm

and try turning off some steering function

Fatjogger
Beginner
Message 516 of 1,166

@Steve59wrote:

@Fatjoggerwrote:

@Fatjogger I would take a look at this 

http://mybtdevice.home/steering.htm

and try turning off some steering function

Thanks - I've disabled it all off as a start and see what that does, and then try enabling/disabling different ones (are you thinking its to do with band steering?) and report back.

Also - how do you find out about that menu? I could not see an obvious link to that page from the web interface home pages.

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 517 of 1,166

@Fatjogger It is in other topics as this was a big problem with the previous version for Apple Macbooks not steering, so I disabled the top on think it was AP steering as my Macbook still had issues in certain parts of the house, now it connects everywhere fine, I find its also key to turn off the router wifi and ensure other products that use the frequencys are set to different channels, Sky Q 5Ghz for example

Yorkie29
Contributor
Message 518 of 1,166

http://mybtdevice.home/steering.htm  this link does not work.  Can you provide the correct one please.

0 Ratings
antonypg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 519 of 1,166

That link works fine on my system.

I have hardwired my 3 discs using Ethernet, fixed the channels and switched to fixed IP addresses. My discs tend to work for 4 or 5 days without crashing, then I lose connections and I have to switch them all off and back on.

I will give up soon and replace them, I am just having trouble deciding between Deco, Velop or Google.

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 520 of 1,166

You need to log into the web interface first then copy the link
0 Ratings