Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Forthay
Contributor
Message 891 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

@prowlmediawrote:

Depends where you live. I am not in exactly a Built up area and have 9 wifi signals around me.   The point of 'Auto' is to switch to empty band and I can't control what the others are doing. 

I suspect the reason Some people are avoiding this is due to a hardware change at some point. All of these 4 sets were bought from Amazon within a few weeks of each other.   Perhaps the OEM has changed a power control chip or something else that wouldn't require going though regulation testing again. 

Whilst not impossible my replacement set of (2x3) was ordered a year after my originals and both sets of 2x3 suffered the same problem.

prowlmedia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 892 of 1,165

@Forthaywrote:

@RS4wrote:

@prowlmedia

As I have said before, vendors make mistakes (they are human after all), it's how they deal with mistakes that tells you about thier attitude, understanding and support for the customer.  

Publically acknowledging the problem is of course a major first step, at least BT have done that, well, have they publically?  I'm not sure they have as they still advertise BTWH as "Wifi at it's finest" and the most reliable home wifi solution available!  Plus only this past week I have received emails advertising the BTWH 3x disc pack at a reduced price of £169.  I think it has only been on this forum that any form of acknowledgment has been made.

BT leaving it's customers in a 'failed' situation for so long with no fall-back solution demonstrates the extremly low level of care or concern it has for it's customers predicament.   Let's not argue about numbers affected or not, BT have acknowledged the problem on this forum, and have undertaken to replace units for affected customers.  That means there are 'enough' affected customers for it to certainly be an issue.

Given the problem is obviously not a quick-fix, they should have produced an interim firmware for those that want it (even if that is to roll-back to the previous), and in parallel have been working on a permanent remedy.  They should also be providing more information about the expected timescales of the remedy being available.

Apart from the product not being fit-for-purpose, a major reason I decided to return all my discs and switch product was down to the way the problem was/is being dealt with.  Clearly no concern for the customer situation and no information being provided regarding when a fix would be available.  Another reason I had was my concern that BT may drop the product completely.  It is obviously not produced by BT themselves and they obviously have little or no control over the development priorities or quality control of the product.

It always feels like a tough call to tell your customers it might be a long time to wait for a fix or that you have no eta at this time, but keeping customers informed is the most important thing.  Customers that are upset will leave anyway, whilst customers that were fundamentally happy with the product will appreciate the honesty and the information and make appropriate decisions based on the level of impact to themselves.

@RS4I have to say I agree. The lack of information and regular updates from BT hasn't helped and in my own opinion has made things worse.

I actually tried another set of 2x3 discs before switching (because I do really like the BT WH system) and I couldn't access the App without being forced to upgrade to v1.02.04 build10 so I'm now left with the same problem again.

Wow When BT do pull their finger out witha fix there are going to be a LOT of returned refurb discs on Ebay! 

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 893 of 1,165

Well, whether we’ve got working systems or not, one thing I think we can all agree on is that BT are conspicuous by their absence on this thread.....if even to quell the suggestions they will drop the product and don’t support it ongoing. Happy customers need different reassurances...

JohnfromUK
Contributor
Message 894 of 1,165

I have a (what I believe to be) similar issue;  Whole Home, 3 discs, master and 2 x slave each wireless to master.  On 'build 10' software.

Works great with iOS devices, but MAC OS (High Sierra) laptop frequently gets "deauthenticated,reason is 1" and is down for several minutes before reconnecting.  This seems to only happen on one of the two slaves, but I can't be 100% certain on that.  Doesn't seem to happen at all on the iOS devices.

Does anyone please know what "reason 1" is?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
prowlmedia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 895 of 1,165

0 Ratings
JohnfromUK
Contributor
Message 896 of 1,165

Thank you for your help, which is more that I can say for the 'decoding' of the error message!

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 897 of 1,165

It would be interesting to know if the people that are having issues have all been on the previous firmware, whether people have bought the disks updated to build 10 from the get go and still encountred issues, or if like me people updated before connecting any devices and have experienced zero issues.

I do wonder if this is a handshake issue, i.e. once a device has been on the old firmware some setting or other has been corrupted preventing the device from making a 'new clean handshake'.

0 Ratings
JohnfromUK
Contributor
Message 898 of 1,165

In my case (message 894 above) I set up the devices from the iOS App, and updated the software as I did so. 

I only connected my MAC OS laptop later (after build 10 was in place).

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 899 of 1,165

Mine worked fine on previous firmware, think ive updated twice previously so build 10 would have been the 3rd update jim
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 900 of 1,165

@foz  I can't remember now without looking back if you have had/continue to have issues?

I suspect much like Windows updates, the configuration possibilities for these devices is endless and a bit of a thankless task trying to identify one common denominator.

0 Ratings