Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Forthay
Contributor
Message 1011 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

Latest from the BT Support team “We have not got a date for the next update yet unfortunately.”.

I’m still hoping we see something being released soon as eluded to earlier in the thread.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1012 of 1,165

@Forthay- I'm convinced like a lot of large organisations you will recieve a different answer each time you call, depending on who it is you're speaking to.
0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 1013 of 1,165

@Jim-ladwrote:
@Forthay- I'm convinced like a lot of large organisations you will recieve a different answer each time you call, depending on who it is you're speaking to.

Yes, the guy who wants a quiet life will tell you the firmware update is being trialled and may be out next week. With his next breath he’ll tell you your refund’s in the post....

Takahashi
Contributor
Message 1014 of 1,165

Got home tonight and discovered my discs are now running the latest version. Why would it update automatically? If I start having problems I will be really cheesed off.
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 1015 of 1,165

@Takahashiwrote:
Got home tonight and discovered my discs are now running the latest version. Why would it update automatically? If I start having problems I will be really cheesed off.

Welcome to the club!! 

0 Ratings
Takahashi
Contributor
Message 1016 of 1,165

So new firmware automatically updates?

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 1017 of 1,165

@Takahashi I guess you are implying that you have Auto Updateing set to Disabled

0 Ratings
willparkinson
Beginner
Message 1018 of 1,165

Whats it been now 6 months and still no update?

Time to return these, enough is enough. 

tsr2
Contributor
Message 1019 of 1,165

@willparkinsonwrote:

Whats it been now 6 months and still no update?

Time to return these, enough is enough. 

I came back from half term to a post suggesting an update was on its way, so postponed action to wait and see. A subsequent post cast doubt on that, so I'm not sure where to go with it at the moment, but having had to power cycle one or more discs 3 times yesterday, pushes me towards the Amazon returns process.

0 Ratings
JohnfromUK
Contributor
Message 1020 of 1,165

Reference my post 970 in this thread (page 97)

As detailed in that post and a few immediately preceeding it, I re-arranged my 3 disc system.  I was also advised that turining AP Steering off might also help.

Result; so far - three days and not a single problem.  Previously I would have been in regular drops many times a day by this time.  What I cannot say because I made both changes at (almost) the same time is how much of the improvement is due to changed location arrangements, and how much due to turning off the AP Steering.

So - all well at present, and many thanks for the advice on how to disable the AP Steering.

0 Ratings