Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1061 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

@B1998wrote:

Personally, I'll keep mine on auto-update (but I understand why some won't). Build 10 improved things for me and I had none of the issue some of you guys were seeing. On the contrary, I had some devices randomly disconnecting with previous Build 3. That problem went away with Build 10 so I was happy to get it.

I think this just shows that different home environments will have different behaviour; I guess that's expected? I hope the software currently under test which SeanD mentioned will help those of you who are seeing the connectivity problem.

I'm in the same position as yourself i.e. for me this latest firmware has not really caused me any issues.  It's for that reason I'm worried about the auto-update breaking what doesn't need to be fixed - in my particular setup. 

I suspect for other users this update can't come soon enough.

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 1062 of 1,165

@Jim-ladwrote:

@B1998wrote:

Personally, I'll keep mine on auto-update (but I understand why some won't). Build 10 improved things for me and I had none of the issue some of you guys were seeing. On the contrary, I had some devices randomly disconnecting with previous Build 3. That problem went away with Build 10 so I was happy to get it.

I think this just shows that different home environments will have different behaviour; I guess that's expected? I hope the software currently under test which SeanD mentioned will help those of you who are seeing the connectivity problem.

I'm in the same position as yourself i.e. for me this latest firmware has not really caused me any issues.  It's for that reason I'm worried about the auto-update breaking what doesn't need to be fixed - in my particular setup. 

I suspect for other users this update can't come soon enough.

It would be nice if they could let us know before making an firmware update “live” what they think was causing the problems for some users, and therefore what they’ve changed. Those of us who have had no issues might then be able to judge if we may be adversely affected by the update (well, by us I mean someone like you Jim who has a much better grasp of this stuff than me). But one still queries why they can’t just ensure no-ones system can update until the user confirms they wish it to...Isn’t that something which could be done with an app update before releasing the firmware update?

0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 1063 of 1,165

Isn't that what the "auto-update" switch is in the app? Switch that off and you're now in control of when the update takes place.

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 1064 of 1,165

@B1998wrote:

Isn't that what the "auto-update" switch is in the app? Switch that off and you're now in control of when the update takes place.

It's been reported that they update with auto update turned off, i can't say myself but if you read back through this thread you can read the reports

0 Ratings
tribunepind
Contributor
Message 1065 of 1,165

The last firmware did not cause me any problems (using ethernet backhaul). I will still update and let you all know of any issues. 😁
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1066 of 1,165

I don't know if anyone else has noticed that BT and most other the retailers have hiked up the price of a WholeHome kit considerably this last week or two.  I purchased my Twin Pack for £94.99 from JL - they are now retailing from JL, Currys and most other retail outlets for £149.99.

Sales figures must support the raising of prices or else they wouldn't be doing it, which does make one wonder just how widespread problems with the firmware really are.  What I'm trying to say is if a company is having a lot of issues with a product the last thing they are likely to do is raise their prices.

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 1067 of 1,165

Yesterday, I managed to get a 3 disk set direct from the online BT Shop for £126.00, delivered. It was from their pre-owned section. It arrived today and looks like new and includes 6 months warranty. Anyone thinking of investing in Whole Home WiFi might want to check the BT online store first.

Initial  impressions after installing are very good - I’ve now got a great Wi-fi signal in all the areas I didn’t have previously.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
tsr2
Contributor
Message 1068 of 1,165

@Paul_31wrote:

Yesterday, I managed to get a 3 disk set direct from the online BT Shop for £126.00, delivered. It was from their pre-owned section. It arrived today and looks like new and includes 6 months warranty. Anyone thinking of investing in Whole Home WiFi might want to check the BT online store first.

Initial  impressions after installing are very good - I’ve now got a great Wi-fi signal in all the areas I didn’t have previously.

If you've read the rest of the thread you will know there's a reason that they have a lot of returns to sell. I'm not sure "invest" is the right word.

My first impressions were good as well, but unfortunately that didn't last. Good luck. I hope your experience is better than mine.

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 1069 of 1,165

@tsr2 If you've read the rest of the thread you will know there's a reason that they have a lot of returns to sell. I'm not sure "invest" is the right word.

My first impressions were good as well, but unfortunately that didn't last. Good luck. I hope your experience is better than mine.

No, I didn't read the whole thread - I couldn't face all 100+ pages Smiley Surprised

So far they've lasted a day without any problems 🙂 I hope it lasts. At least they come with a warranty if things go pear-shaped.

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 1070 of 1,165

@Paul_31wrote:

@tsr2 If you've read the rest of the thread you will know there's a reason that they have a lot of returns to sell. I'm not sure "invest" is the right word.

No, I didn't read the whole thread - I couldn't face all 100+ pages Smiley Surprised

So far they've lasted a day without any problems 🙂 I hope it lasts. At least they come with a warranty if things go pear-shaped.

And just for balance Paul, there’s a reason many haven’t returned them and hence many of the glowing reviews on sites like Amazon...they do work. If you have any problems and can’t face 100 pages, post on here and I and others will give you some tips of things to try changing in your setup that might solve your problem.

0 Ratings