Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1081 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

@fozwrote:

Still waiting for said update!! 

i wished BT would keep us informed of progress (If any)

If this firmware is all that someone/team has been working on for 5 months can i get a job please? LOL

Jam tomorrow.

0 Ratings
dwl99
Beginner
Message 1082 of 1,165

I've waited long enough - I'll be returning my BTWH and getting a Ubiquiti access point instead.

0 Ratings
RS4
Contributor
Message 1083 of 1,165

I think you will be very pleased with that decision - I know I am - I am now stress free, no more "Dad! The WiFi has gone again!"

I have a couple of UniFi AP-HD and a UniFi AP-AC-Mesh, although a single AP-HD was able to provide the same coverage I achieved with a 5x disk BTWH solution.  The second AP-HD and AP-AC-Mesh are more for luxury tbh.

I have also now replaced my aging router with the UniFi Secure Gateway, and the data metrics and insight into what the internet traffic actually is, and who is doing it, is amazing.

Yes this is slightly more expensive than the BTWH, but it is in a totally different league.

Interestingly, Ubiquiti have just announced a new firmware update for thier CCTV NVR solution.  Not only do they provide Release Notes (unlike BT) they also make it a user choice to upgrade (debateable with BT), plus they even provide downgrade instructions in case you wish to do so (unlike BT).   Basically the customer is in control of decisions about how they maintain the equipment, which is afterall owned by the customer.

For those choosing to wait for BT, this is not the first mess up BT have made with firmware on BTWH, although it is by far the worst.  I wish you good luck.

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 1084 of 1,165

My patience running out waiting on this firmware update, I feel it's time mine and the two other BTWH disc sets i recommended to friends will be getting returned very soon. Enough is enough. it does not take this long to sort firmware out 5 months is a joke.
0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 1085 of 1,165

@RS4wrote:

I think you will be very pleased with that decision - I know I am - I am now stress free, no more "Dad! The WiFi has gone again!"

I have a couple of UniFi AP-HD and a UniFi AP-AC-Mesh, although a single AP-HD was able to provide the same coverage I achieved with a 5x disk BTWH solution.  The second AP-HD and AP-AC-Mesh are more for luxury tbh.

I have also now replaced my aging router with the UniFi Secure Gateway, and the data metrics and insight into what the internet traffic actually is, and who is doing it, is amazing.

Yes this is slightly more expensive than the BTWH, but it is in a totally different league.

Interestingly, Ubiquiti have just announced a new firmware update for thier CCTV NVR solution.  Not only do they provide Release Notes (unlike BT) they also make it a user choice to upgrade (debateable with BT), plus they even provide downgrade instructions in case you wish to do so (unlike BT).   Basically the customer is in control of decisions about how they maintain the equipment, which is afterall owned by the customer.

For those choosing to wait for BT, this is not the first mess up BT have made with firmware on BTWH, although it is by far the worst.  I wish you good luck.

So you’ve been with the Ubiquiti system for how long now? ....yet you still frequent this forum. You sure you don’t work for Ubiquiti? Anyway, over 2 months now my WH system has been running on the new firmware and not a hiccup...stress free here too!

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 1086 of 1,165

I’ve only been running my 3 disc BTWholeHome system, using build 10 firmware, for a week and so far as I can tell it hasn’t missed a beat. Strange how everyone’s experience seems to vary.

I’m not trying to sound smug just because my system seems tickety-boo - I’m only posting this comment for balance for any visitors reading this thread. BTWH is not a disaster for everybody.

0 Ratings
dwl99
Beginner
Message 1087 of 1,165

I've ordered a single Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR Cloud Managed UniFi Long Range AC1300 Dual-Band WiFi PoE Access Point & will check the coverage when it's installed. I'm quietly hopeful that one will suffice but can always get a second one if that proves not to be the case.

0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 1088 of 1,165

@Paul_31wrote:

I’ve only been running my 3 disc BTWholeHome system, using build 10 firmware, for a week and so far as I can tell it hasn’t missed a beat. Strange how everyone’s experience seems to vary.

I’m not trying to sound smug just because my system seems tickety-boo - I’m only posting this comment for balance for any visitors reading this thread. BTWH is not a disaster for everybody.

Same here for me, build 10 has always been good and same good performance as previous build 3. I guess it must be something with people's environment and devices. Like someone else mentioned in a previous post, every products have their issues, it's just different people who experience them. We don't really know how many people are really experiencing the problems in Build 10. This thread is long, but seems to be a very small number of the same people creating the posts so it doesn't really mean much.

I'm currently trialling the new build which Sean mentioned last week was being worked on. It's been solid too. My Wi-Fi connection has always been solid, but I used to see the odd random red screen on the app when it couldn't connect to the discs. I've not seen that problem in the 3 weeks I've had the new build. Fingers crossed it'll be a good one for everyone else too...

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 1089 of 1,165

@B1998wrote:

...I'm currently trialling the new build which Sean mentioned last week was being worked on. It's been solid too. My Wi-Fi connection has always been solid, but I used to see the odd random red screen on the app when it couldn't connect to the discs. I've not seen that problem in the 3 weeks I've had the new build. Fingers crossed it'll be a good one for everyone else too...

That's good info and hopefully the new firmware is not too far away and will help all those that do have problems.

Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 1090 of 1,165

@B1998wrote:

@Paul_31wrote:

Same here for me, build 10 has always been good and same good performance as previous build 3. I guess it must be something with people's environment and devices. Like someone else mentioned in a previous post, every products have their issues, it's just different people who experience them. We don't really know how many people are really experiencing the problems in Build 10. This thread is long, but seems to be a very small number of the same people creating the posts so it doesn't really mean much.

I'm currently trialling the new build which Sean mentioned last week was being worked on. It's been solid too. My Wi-Fi connection has always been solid, but I used to see the odd random red screen on the app when it couldn't connect to the discs. I've not seen that problem in the 3 weeks I've had the new build. Fingers crossed it'll be a good one for everyone else too...

Thanks for posting that a new firmware is being tested (Good to know), Surely it would be better though if someone having problems could test the new firmware !!

Any other fixes.... Device names staying to the correct device, Ability to delete old unused devices, or are you sworn to secrecy