cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 221 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

I understand your frustration and I'm very sorry that you’re having problems with the latest firmware release.  

We’re working to find a solution to this top priority issue and will get back to you with an update, as soon as we have a fix.

Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 222 of 1,165

@Mark-I

Thanks for the eventual recognition of a serious issue, seems there have been many since the devices were released

Can you inform us of the cause of the problems we are seeing ?

RS4
Contributor
Message 223 of 1,165

Give us the ability to DOWNGRADE the firmware NOW !!!

Then we can go back to a version that was working and you can take more time to fix and get it right.

It is totally unacceptable that you leave us in a broken state without the ability to do something about it.

Whilst it might seem like a good idea to BT to be able to force everyone on to the same/latest firmware versions that brings with it a large degree of responsibility - fundamentally never release something that is not fully tested and reliable!

But seriously, these sort of problems have been with the product since initial release. There is nothing worse than not learning from previous mistakes !!!!
RS4
Contributor
Message 224 of 1,165

I have 6 discs, 1 Ethernet connected.
Under “normal” conditions I have between 15 and 20 wireless attached devices.

After the firmware upgrade I have had to power cycle all discs every day.

Now, for the time being, I have powered off all wireless disks leaving only the Ethernet connected disc powered up. This single disc has been stable for a week.
I will not power on the other 5 discs until I see new fixed reliable firmware.

Then I will be taking action to ensure BT cannot impact my network again. It is totally unacceptable.
kcg
Beginner
Message 225 of 1,165

Guys

I escalted the issue to BT's CEO this afternoon...,

The Complaint has been passed to BT's Newcastle Technical Complaints team.

The complaint handler will be contacting me tomorrow, hopefully we can start to gain some traction and get a resolution for one and all.

I'll keep you posted.

Regards

K

Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 226 of 1,165

@kcg - Refer them to this forum ! and keep us posted on your progress, I am guessing the Helpdesk is overwhelmed with issues as they have not replied to me at all

@RS4 Personally I find this version better than the last, but by no means perfect - Discs still up at 2 days now

0 Ratings
richard42
Contributor
Message 227 of 1,165

@Mark-Iwrote:

I understand your frustration and I'm very sorry that you’re having problems with the latest firmware release.  

We’re working to find a solution to this top priority issue and will get back to you with an update, as soon as we have a fix.

Thanks Mark.  Do you have an ETA please?

I have just had another crash, same symptoms as yesterday.  This time, I tried only turning the main disc off and back on again.  This seemed to restore all 6 (for now).

0 Ratings
tribunepind
Contributor
Message 228 of 1,165

How do people with problems have the discs connected? I have a wired backhaul and to date have had no issues since the update.
0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 229 of 1,165

I have them connected via WiFi and have no issues.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 230 of 1,165

@tribunepindwrote:
How do people with problems have the discs connected? I have a wired backhaul and to date have had no issues since the update.

It'd be useful to know how the Wi-Fi discs are connected (Wi-Fi, direct to primary disc or via another disc) and also the signal strength and band (from the app "Disc Details" or web interface "Discs" page). This would help with our investigation.

It appears that the issue is affecting mostly discs that are closer to the edge of range.

Dan-O

0 Ratings