orientboy2000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 251 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

Original 3 disks set up OK

Done firmware update 

Then 

added 4th no problems

added 5th took ages to add went through a "proceedure" but eventually got it working.

Been all running for approx 4 weeks no issues

EXCEPT

A couple of YCan Evo cameras disconnected randomly and now wont reconnect

other than that reasonable stable

0 Ratings
richard42
Contributor
Message 252 of 1,165

@Dan-Owrote:

In terms of an ETA for a fix, unfortunately there isn't a date we can provide at this stage as we are still investigating the issue. We will update as soon as this is known.

Hi Dan, any update on this please? If you can't give a date, please indicate whether it's going to be days, weeks or months, so that I can decide whether I need to replace my 6 disc BT Whole Home setup with something else.

The product description for BT Whole Home on Amazon is 'Superfast, super-reliable Wi-Fi for every room' and this is clearly not the case at the moment for myself and other disgruntled users with the current firmware.

The Wi-Fi network is crashing 1-2 times a day, which requires that I switch the master disc off and back on again.  Inconvenient and annoying if I'm in, impossible if I'm out.  As previously stated, everything was working fine for months before this firmware update and nothing else has changed on the network.  Please sort it out!

0 Ratings
MrX911
Contributor
Message 253 of 1,165

Anyone know how the get a refund on a product that is outside of its return date but only 3 months old and is not fit for purpose or as advertised?
0 Ratings
richard42
Contributor
Message 254 of 1,165

@MrX911wrote:
Anyone know how the get a refund on a product that is outside of its return date but only 3 months old and is not fit for purpose or as advertised?

Apply to the retailer, referring first to the 2015 Consumer Rights Act:
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 255 of 1,165

@kcgwrote:

Guys

I escalted the issue to BT's CEO this afternoon...,

The Complaint has been passed to BT's Newcastle Technical Complaints team.

The complaint handler will be contacting me tomorrow, hopefully we can start to gain some traction and get a resolution for one and all.

I'll keep you posted.

Regards

K

@kcg So did you get any response from the CEO  ?

Message 256 of 1,165

I think I'll rename the Whole Home network.. It's far easier via the APP than crawling to the Access Point in the attic and connecting Ethernet cables etc..

I bought my Whole Home setup as a returned item - no instructions.. I don't think instructions come with the kit anyway and I had teething problems getting it set up, the App working, everything.. But once I'd worked out that each disc had different firmware versions installed, updated them, everything did then work OK.

I upgraded the firmware manually in each disc one at a time via ethernet and admin if anybody needs to know? Until all the firmware was the same the App didn't work.

0 Ratings
tsr2
Contributor
Message 257 of 1,165

My device updated to 1.02.04 so seamlessly that I noticed no improvement whatsoever. If I could update to the version I had in November that only required a restart once a week, instead of once a day on the current firmware that would make me happy, or at least happier than I currently am.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 258 of 1,165

@richard42We're working our hardest on a fix for the issue you and some other customers are experiencing and to release an update as soon as possible, following our release process. There is no definitive answer on timescales at this stage but it will not be in days. I would suggest in the meantime to contact the helpdesk who can provide options.

Thanks for answering my questions - it is very useful to help understand your scenario and environment as this particular issue appears to be highly dependent on environment.

Dan-O
Device expertDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 259 of 1,165

@Dan-O how can the help desk provide alternatives they do not respond to the emails, when I called them the person who answered the phone said “we are not BT” so who are they ?

Luckily for me I am still up at over 4 days so I may be in the camp of the once a week restarters
0 Ratings
richard42
Contributor
Message 260 of 1,165

@Dan-Owrote:
@richard42We're working our hardest on a fix for the issue you and some other customers are experiencing and to release an update as soon as possible, following our release process. There is no definitive answer on timescales at this stage but it will not be in days. I would suggest in the meantime to contact the helpdesk who can provide options. 

Hi Dan,

The network has just crashed yet again, usual symptoms, no LAN / Internet, super high latency, blue lights on all discs.

This time I went downstairs and stood next to the master disc, to see whether I could connect to that.  No luck, my iPhone continuously attempted to connect to the Wi-Fi every 2 seconds or so, each time connecting briefly and then disconnecting.  Again, the only fix for the crash was to turn the master disc off and back on again.  Once that had booted up, all the discs started working.  Then, after 5 minutes, whilst composing this post, the network crashed again.  So I have just been around turning all of the discs off and then back on again this time, what an absolute pain!

It's a bog standard 6 disc setup, see my earlier post for network topology, signal strength etc.  Worked fine for months prior to this shambolic firmware release, I have never experienced anything like it.  Glad my fridge doesn't crash all the time and require switch off and back on again!

With regards to the helpdesk, what sort of options are you referring to please?

0 Ratings