Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsr2
Contributor
Message 261 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

The issues which don't seem to be fixed for me on this are@

1. Intermittent DNS failures. About once a day I find some of my devices apparently getting no response to DNS queries. This is not external DNS because devices elsewhere in the house are still working and it is usually instantly resolved by turning off the nearest disk so it moves to another disk.

2. The mybtdevice.home has not resolved since the December update.

I'm not sure when I last observed the other occasional issues, so I can't say if they have been seen since the update.
0 Ratings
Forthay
Contributor
Message 262 of 1,165

Maybe theBT Helpdesk could publish the options here rather than forcing customers to contact them.

In my case I set the 5GHz network to channel 36 (based on a previous posting) and I’m now over 24hours without having to reset. Previous it was at least every 24hours.

And if you know it’s highly dependent on a particular setup maybe those details could be shared too.

MrX911
Contributor
Message 263 of 1,165

Great idea.

The problem though is that this relies on BT having common sense and thinking about their customers that have invested in this product. So I can’t see it happening.
0 Ratings
acamsell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 264 of 1,165

I remain utterly astounded by this whole fisaco.  My discs have now been out of action for three full weeks and BT's only line is that a solution is unlikely to be a matter of days away and will probably take some time.  Stop me if I'm going too fast here but it already has been "some time".  There's not even a target date, just a friendly "Hang in their guys, we're working on it".  I am disappointed and frustrated in equal measure.

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 265 of 1,165

Just to add

I am now up for over 4 days, other points to add to the mix

I have Sky Q with multiroom and a booster, the Sky Q is ethernet into the Sonos Play bar so I have turned of the 2.4GHz wifi as thats not needed, it needs 5GHz to run its own mesh for multi room, this is running on CH 36

BWHome has 2.4GHz set to Auto and 5GHz set to 48

The Hue mesh and Sonos mesh are on different freq channels as well

The BT Hub wifi is turned off

Also make sure the BWH Discs are not next to any other wifi devices , ie Sonos Sub as that mess things up, usually with the Sub losing connection

0 Ratings
DavR0s
Aspiring Contributor
Message 266 of 1,165

You can add my name to the list of people experiencing problems.  Been running 4discs fine for 3 months and did the latest upgrade - big big mistake.  Endless problems.  Been tearing my hair out having spent nigh £400 on this kit and only just came to this thread.  Sounds like BT know there is a problem and given the likelihood of no imminent release astonished they are not prepared to rerelease the previous firmware.  I've now down the factory reset of everything and one disc is now red lighting so no idea what to do with that.  If it continues much longer I'll be sending the whole lot back as I purchased this to solve my wifi problem.  Lol

0 Ratings
Forthay
Contributor
Message 267 of 1,165

Sigh. Fixing the channel to 36 didn’t work after all. Reboot of main disc required this evening.

0 Ratings
abattle
Contributor
Message 268 of 1,165

My 5GHz is on channel 44. System has been up for 20 days,

0 Ratings
Forthay
Contributor
Message 269 of 1,165

Let me try 44 🙂

0 Ratings
richard42
Contributor
Message 270 of 1,165

Mine have just crashed AGAIN, with pointless solid blue lights on every disc.  Usual trip around the 6 discs, turning them all off and back on again.  This is getting more annoying by the day and BT's current lack of response is simply not good enough, given how long they have known about the issue.  I hope that BT learn from this fiasco, but somehow doubt that they will, reading this forum.

I'm surprised that if they can't fix it within 24-48 hours they don't have procedures in place to roll out the previous firmware, as a contingingency measure, suggested by other users here.  There's clearly a serious bug, perhaps a memory leak and the developers have more than enough info from this thread to reproduce the problem and fix it.

Google and Apple would never get away with treating their customers so poorly without a lot of bad press, how do BT get away with it?  Making matters worse is that new customers will be buying BT Whole Home on sites such as Amazon, completely oblivious to the fact that BT have borked their own firmware and they're effectively spending hundreds of pounds on expensive little side plates.

I can see this thread getting up to 1000 posts at this rate, with no sign of a fix in sight.

0 Ratings