cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 311 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

BT Whole Home Wi-Fi 1.02.04 build 10 network password rules have changed

Another clanger with the 1.02.04 build 10 firmware update.

They have changed the rules on what you can enter for the Wi-Fi network password.

I think previously you had to enter at least 8 characters but now you have to enter at least one capital letter or one number.

I had a very long (35 character) password that was all lower case which it will not now accept (I factory reset after having the dropout and reset problems after upgrading to this firmware as advised on some of the forums).

This means I have to enter a different password and change ALL my wi-fi devices to use that new password - thanks a bunch BT!

I can imagine the meeting - ooh we allow users to enter anything, we must force them to use something more secure. Obviously nobody pointed out that this might effect existing networks! And then they decide that to be more secure you need to enter a capital letter or number without even thinking about length i.e. my 35 character lower case password has a hell of a lot more entropy than an 8 character password with one capital letter.

Really annoyed - who are these people that make these stupid decisions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 312 of 1,165

@jbournewrote:

How about given us the email address you used so that everyone can compain to the chief exec - maybe then something will be done.

This was given out earlier in the thread

**Edited**

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 313 of 1,165

@jbournewrote:

How about given us the email address you used so that everyone can compain to the chief exec - maybe then something will be done.

the forum won't allow you to post it directly - but it is available here:

**Ediited**

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 314 of 1,165

@Dave_Fwrote:

Managed to downgrade my firmware by plugging in a 6th disk I had never used which had old firmware on it. System has been completely stable all day - previously with the new firmware it was crashing every hour or so. By plugging in the old disk as master when you add the other satellite disks they seem to download the old firmware from the master disk overwriting the new firmware.

Realise this won’t help everyone but just in case you have an old disk lying around!

Thank you, I had a spare disk in a box with v1.02.01 build24 installed. My network has been sucessfully downgraded.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 315 of 1,165

Perhaps BT could send everyone that is having this problem an extra disk FREE OF CHARGE as compensation for the trouble they have caused.

We could all then downgrade using the FREE disk and be up and working again.

Maybe that's just wishfuil thinking. 😞 

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 316 of 1,165

After emailing the BT Wholehome support team and providing my system details and logs they’ve offered to exchange my 6 Discs with ones on an earlier firmware by courier. This is either a) an unusual but pragmatic approach to resolving or b) doesn’t bode well for the possibility of a quick solution.  I was really hoping for a quick solution without having to unplug and set everything up again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 317 of 1,165

@Dan-O, observation my setup lost internet connection after around 12 day, all discs showed blue, I just powered off the master disc and all other discs still showed blue with no physical internet connection, rebooting the master disc did not resolve I had to reboot them all, then once all connected I removed the Ethernet cable from the mast disc and all discs responded as expected and went red then on reconnection went blue

So once failed they seem to lose the ability to report the connection correctly, Dan is this expected, surely if the discs lose connection they should go red

Thinking of investing in the Nest IQ Outdoor camera when it is released in the UK so need a set up that stays up unless the internet genuinely fails
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 318 of 1,165

Hi all,

We have had the Whole home installed for about 4 days now and both our kids Amazon Kids tablets constantly lose the internet as well as a Tp-link smart bulb.  Stays connected to the WiFi just loses internet connection. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 319 of 1,165

@Stuartd try disabling the AP Steering to see if that is the cause

http://mybtdevice.home/steering.htm

if only certain items lose the connection then this may be the reason, let me know

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 320 of 1,165

Thanks for the information, unfortunately it didn’t work for me and the aforementioned devices still constantly disconnect from the internet. I have had to remove them as it’s causing too much hassle, unfortunately for me I bought them from Maplin so I can’t take them back for a refund. 

0 Ratings