cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abattle
Contributor
Message 101 of 1,165

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

I’d happily sign up to a beta programme if there was one!
antonypg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 102 of 1,165

Two of my discs have the following entry in the logs every 5 seconds:

04.03.2018 19:33:25 OWL-Backhaul RE 5G RSSI_LINKRATE(-85 1733), 2.4G RSSI_LINKRATE(-127 0) exceeded the threshold for only 5G uplink established.

All of my 3 discs are connected directly to Ethernet.

On the plus side, all of my discs have been running for 1 day and 1 hour, the longest so far on this firmware. Yesterday I changed the channels and SSID just to see if changing some settings fixed anything.

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 103 of 1,165

@Dan-O I also notice in the steering menu when trying to disable JUST the top option "AP Steering" upon saving it changes back to enabled and the band steering goes to disabled ???

At present I have ALL Steering Disabled again

0 Ratings
jimbg
Contributor
Message 104 of 1,165

@Dan-O

Why does the app on iOS not clear it's data when you uninstall and reinstall?

My app works OK in my house, but I go to another setup that I installed it trys to connect to my system even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled. It seems to be keeping some data somewhere that is not being deleted?

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 105 of 1,165

@Dan-O 

managed to disable AP Steering and have band streering enabled, but to have AP Steering disabled you need to disable legacy steering as well

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 106 of 1,165

@Dan-O managed to have AP Steering disabled and Band Steering enable but to do this you need to have Legacy Steering disabled as well, 

0 Ratings
GW65
Contributor
Message 107 of 1,165

Am also hitting problems since the the firmware update.  Had been completely solid since Day 1 (back in September last year), but since applying the latest firmware I'm getting random hangs.  For example, today I've had to restart the discs twice - no error lights, and devices could connect to the discs, but no Internet connectivity.  First time I restarted all the discs (manually), second time I just restarted the "main" disc, i.e. the one with Ethernet backhaul to the router, which immediately resolved the problem.  All of my devices with wired connections to the router have had no problems at all.  So it's obviously not a router problem, and obviously is a firmware-related problem.

Message to self: don't upgrade working firmware in future....

Alexwaddell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 108 of 1,165

Just had two of the three discs go offline - later just over 22 hrs since last restart. Checked the logs once they restarted and there is nothing in the logs to indicate why they went offline. Very frustrating.
Glasgow,
Scotland
0 Ratings
antonypg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 109 of 1,165

Might purely be a coincidence but I changed the channel settings (channels 11 and 44) and was also forced to change my wireless password as my last password was deemed to simple, since then all my 3 discs have been working for 2 days. Prior to these changes my dishes were crashing every 6 or so hours.

0 Ratings
MrX911
Contributor
Message 110 of 1,165

6 reboots today. Not happy!
0 Ratings