Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 1111 of 1,166

Re: Whole Home WiFi firmware update v1.02.04 build10

@mikew88wrote:

@B1998 Well pointed out and good that some people are keeping a sense of perspective. Must be tricky to diagnose a problem when it could only be being experienced by a relatively small number of customers and every customer has a different environment and extraneous influences that WH is being asked to operate in. Glad I don’t have to do it...

BT are aware and have admitted there is a problem with the firmware, just because you think there isn't doesn't make it a small number of customers LOL, have you actually tested things like groups? let alone all the other issues posted in this thread.

Yes 4 months in 4 days sorry not 5 but will be in the 5th calander month in 9 days feels like longer i must admit. 

0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 1112 of 1,166

Yep, using groups and parental controls every day. My kids love it... not 🙂
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 1113 of 1,166

@B1998wrote:
Yep, using groups and parental controls every day. My kids love it... not 🙂

@lol @ kids love it not, so if thats the case i have no idea what the differance is why some work and some do not, It makes zero sense how yours works even your groups work and others do not.

If it were hardware BT when replacing discs would not instruct customers not to update to build 10 they would surly send out the working hardware version as replacments.

I thought it may have been somthing left behind from a previous nand flash/update but reading the posts that does not seem to be the case as some people have updated 2+ times and have no issues.

Its all very strange

0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 1114 of 1,166

I think it just indicates something caused by the home environment and the whole home reacting to it in different ways. Something caused by a specific device(s), a random sequence of event from us using the app, wifi interference from somewhere, anything random that can happen in a customer's home.
Can't be easy and quick to work it all out...
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 1115 of 1,166

@B1998wrote:
I think it just indicates something caused by the home environment and the whole home reacting to it in different ways. Something caused by a specific device(s), a random sequence of event from us using the app, wifi interference from somewhere, anything random that can happen in a customer's home.
Can't be easy and quick to work it all out...

i am aware more than most i would think what issues can be cause on networks, i run a couple of ecommerce websites where we sell routers, switches etc, all VPN configured routers with DD-WRT, Tomato etc firmwares,  so i am not new to the party.

If it was enviroment related issues why would BT admit to having problems with the firmware?

The strangest thing i find is in general people on this forum that report having no issues on this build 10 reported having issues on there previous build and then the complete opposite others that had no issues with previous firmware report build 10 as broken, which in my eyes would point to hardware but then that make zero sense if BT send replacement disc out with instructions not to update firmware. Just don't figure.  

0 Ratings
B1998
Contributor
Message 1116 of 1,166

It can simply be that there isn't a fundamental "problem" / "big bug" per say; it could be just about improving how the discs behave in all these different scenarios which can't be seen until it goes mass market. That could be a logical explanation considering the different experience from different people.
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1117 of 1,166

@fozJL Currys et al 2 disk price previously £95 now £150. That tells me they're likely selling like hot cakes.
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1118 of 1,166

@foz - by the same criteria can you say for definite it is a big problem?
Simply because there's a fix in the pipeline does not mean it's a huge issue either.
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 1119 of 1,166

@Jim-ladwrote:
@fozJL Currys et al 2 disk price previously £95 now £150. That tells me they're likely selling like hot cakes.

i think you'll find they were just on offer at the £95 price jim currys still selling there 3 disc set at £199 

Its not the size of the issue or how many people are affected but BT have acknowledged there is a issue with there firmware 

0 Ratings
MTG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1120 of 1,166

Not been here for a month or so and thought I'd check in on progress towards a fix....

None I see. Great work BT.

Has anyone got in touch wirth Watchdog about this? They'd be all over it. Alas no time myself at the moment but if not fixed in a few weeks I'll do it.

0 Ratings