cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
100andthirty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Whole Home WiFi keeps rebooting

I have three discs, one of which is connected by Ethernet to the HomeHub 5. WiFi is disabled on the Hub and I only use WiFi from the discs.

Over the last week, WiFi has been rebooting more and more frequently - currently every 30 minutes or so, and I have to reboot the master disc.

I have logged into the Whole Home system and have downloaded the logs. I can see the point at which it reboots but don't understand the logs well enough to understand what they might be telling me about the reason why. Is it possible to upload a log to someone who understands them?

I have also trawled the community for similar issues and none quite fit my situation as far as I can tell.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NeilO
Message 2 of 5

Re: Whole Home WiFi keeps rebooting

Hi @100andthirty, I'm sorry to see you're whole home wifi connection is dropping out, if you contact the helpdesk about this I'm sure they'll be able to help with understanding the logs and getting to the bottom of why this is happening.

By phone: 0808 100 6116

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm

Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm

By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

0 Ratings
100andthirty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thank you NeilO. I have sent an email and the log to the helpdesk. Fortunately it all seems more stable this weekend so far - fingers crossed.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 5

@100andthirty, no problem, I know that the helpdesk does ask for logs to be sent to that address occasionally so I'm sure they'll be able to decipher them for you. 

0 Ratings
100andthirty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Just an update to let you know that I had a reply on 9th November (ie within one working day, suggesting that I disable legacy steering if the problem persisted. I have done this and all seems stable at the moment.
0 Ratings