Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Whole Home WiFi stuck on 1.02.04 build10

Hi all,

Since quite some time I am experiencing some periodic issues with WiFi stability (lag spikes) on 2 separate networks, one location spawning 3 floors with 6 discs (all wired) and another location in an apartment with 3 discs (2 wired, 1 wireless). Since the issue is not noticed in regular day to day like browsing or streaming I did not pay much attention to it. It does manifest however during PS4 remote play sessions from a MacBook when every 5 min or so I get a few seconds of frame drops, sound interruptions, after which stream drops to lower quality and then goes back to 1080p after 10 seconds or so. So I blamed the PS4 for the issue and moved on at that time. But I have now tested on the wired network only, and there is not loss or lag even via internet between the 2 locations which led me here to find out that there were issues with the specific firmware I'm running.

Now, the problem is, there is no way to update to a newer firmware. All the discs had automatic update on, but they all seem to be stuck on 1.02.04 build10. Manual update from web interface or the app is unable to find a newer version. The web just shows a spinner and the app says I should try again later.

I have tried resetting all discs in both locations, still when trying to update it does not work.

DNS are set to the google ones, but I'm outside UK (maybe there is a restriction on accesing the update servers?).

Is there a way to download and manually update to a newer firmware (via web or tftp/bootp something) ?

Thanks.

Emanuel

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Whole Home WiFi stuck on 1.02.04 build10

Well, I have managed to solve the firmware update issue. The problem is, the update server is restricted to UK IPs only so you have to figure out how to VPN the master disk to a UK IP so it can contact the server and download the update.

Now my discs are on 1.02.08 build02 but this still has not solved the issue I'm having, if anything it seems wifi stability is even worse. Might have to try 1.02.06 or the early adopter firmware.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Whole Home WiFi stuck on 1.02.04 build10

Yes you are correct BT whole Home is only suppoted in the UK.  Also VPN will stop them working and updating. 

0 Ratings