Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
southcoastsounds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Whole Home WiFi

Go to solution

I've just installed the Whole Home WiFi and it works a treat - its restored the speed and strengh of my connection throughout the house. Its great to be able to get rid of the wifi adapters from the PC and cable in from the nearest Whole Home disc.

One question - is it a good idea to turn off the wifi on the router now?  It serves no purpose as all my devices are now connected to Whole Home WiFi.  Its probably a no-brainer but I thought I should ask first

Thanks in anticipation

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
oakserver
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Whole Home WiFi

Go to solution

Yes, definitely turn off the wifi from the router.

Anything still connecting to that won't get any benefit of the mesh roaming.

In addition it's using up additional power and hogging the channels that might be better used by the Whole Home Wifi system or your neighbours 😉

0 Ratings
southcoastsounds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks greatly oakserver. 

I've done it now. Interestingly, BT-wifi-with-FON is still there so any BT customer sitting in a car outside my house can still connect.  Not that I mind.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
arc1969
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I left mine on, removed the old network SID and created a new admin network that only I know the password to.  I did this so that when the WH WiFi/internet stops working occasionaly (and it definitely does), I can connect to the router WiFi/console to check if I the problem lies with the internet connection to the router, or if the WH has the problem.