cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Whole Home WiFi

I cannot connect 2 additional discs to my existing 4 disc setup (which works fine)
App doesnt work with latest release of IOS
BT told me to plug each disc into the hub and press the disc reset button but that doesnt work
Help.....
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Whole Home WiFi

Hi @Ric77, sorry you're having these problems.

It's difficult to advise with so few details, but for now, I can only suggest you do 2 things:

- Reset the disc as per the helpdesk advice. Make sure you've followed the instructions here.

- Then add the disc using the App, bearing in mind they may be upgrading, so you may need to wait. There's a short video here which may be useful.

If that's still not working, please come back to this forum with more detail on what's not working (eg what light status do you see, App error screen, etc), and we and the community might be able to help further.

Regarding the issue with iOS12, there's a forum post here on this topic.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

App keeps saying I am not connected to the Internet which I am. I am on IOS 12. I have drleted the App several times and reinstalled and the problem persists
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Still not connecting although it turns solid blue after the reset but when you switch off and move it to the new location it starts blue and then turns to red
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 12

@Ric77 sorry about that, I've messaged @BrunoN to let him know that you've posted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 6 of 12

@Ric77wrote:
Still not connecting although it turns solid blue after the reset but when you switch off and move it to the new location it starts blue and then turns to red

Hi again, a few more ideas to try in order... Apologies in advance if these are obvious to you and you've tried already. 

1. When you do the reset, leave your discs plugged in with the ethernet cable into your router for at least 15min. There could be a software upgrade running which gets interrupted if you unplug the disc too quickly. Even if there's no update, the light cycles through different colours including a short time of solid blue during reboot, so it could be that it's not fully rebooted when you unplug it. The general rule is to wait for the light to stay solid blue (or amber) for several minutes.

2. After you move to the new location, even if the disc is red, leave it there for a few hours as it may take time to find its correct network configuration.

3. I'm assuming you know (because you're using the signal checker in the app to install your additional discs) that the location you're trying to move your disc to is a good one - i.e. you're not too far from another disc or your router

4. Leaving your disc in their location (which the app need to tell you is a good one as per previous point), switch-off all your discs. Then switch them back on, starting with the one connected to your router (let it reboot until its light is solid blue for a few minutes). Then switch all the other discs back on one by one. Then leave it a couple of days to settle and find its configuration (during that time the light status may change, but that's okay).

If that fails I suggest you talk to the helpdesk so they can log a ticket with the team.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Thanks I will try all your suggestions but as I said before the App no longer seems to work on the latest version of IOS. It still seems odd that I managed to add extra discs (I already have 4) without any issues.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Just a thought...

Is there a difference between add-on discs and the initial discs?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 9 of 12

@Ric77wrote:

Just a thought...

Is there a difference between add-on discs and the initial discs?

Yes there is a big difference out of the box. The initial discs coming as a kit in the same box are all configured with the same WiFi network name, key and admin password. The add-on discs bought separately don't have the same settings initially.

That's why during install of the add-on discs the app asks you to first connect that disc to your router so the credentials from your existing network can be passed on to the add-on disc. After that your add-on discs should behave like normal discs (until you reset them to default settings and you have to repair them again as above).

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

So have bought the wrong discs then? Or when I reset they behave like add on discs
0 Ratings