Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 11 of 12

Re: Whole Home WiFi

@Ric77wrote:
So have bought the wrong discs then? Or when I reset they behave like add on discs

Hi, no you haven't bought the wrong discs. Regardless of whether your 2 new discs are 2 x add-ons or are 2 discs as part of a twin pack, you'll be able to add them to your existing network of 4.

The main thing to understand is that those new discs out-of-the-box are the wrong settings compared to your existing network. That's why the "adding" process requires connecting the new discs with an Ethernet cable first so those new discs grab the credentials of your current network.

Hope this explains it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 12

Re: Whole Home WiFi

The process of leaving the discs for a while has worked - many thanks. My purpose of adding the extra discs was to try and get WiFi internet access in the outbuildings and because of the distance involved and the fact that the outbuildings are on a different electrical circuit meant I had to first Place a disc at an outside wall of the utility room which was adjacent to the kitchen (which slready had a disc)already this in turn was close enough to get a signal to the closest outbuilding which is on the same electrical circuit as the more remote outbuildings. Then use BT power adaptors attached via ethernet canle to the disc to get internet over to the remote buildings but so far no success. Both newly added discs seem to working fine it is just getting the signal to the router in the outbuilding - any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong
0 Ratings