Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadPanther
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Whole Home Wifi - Kindle won't connect.

Hi

BT Whole Home Wifi v1.02.04 build10  triple pack

I'm not having any issues with any other devices apart from my wifes Kindle 5th Gen which connects to the wireless but then can't connect to the kindle store.

If I enabled wireless hotspot on my mobile and connect her to that then the kindle works fine.

Anyone any ideas how to get the kindle working correctly on the BT Whole Home Wifi  ?
Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Whole Home Wifi - Kindle won't connect.

Hi @MadPanther Sorry you are unable to get the Kindle to work with the Whole Home  Wifi Product.

If you have not been able to get this issue resolved please contact the Helpdesk on 08081006116. They are openMon-Fri 9.00am to 5.30pm Sat 9.00am to 2.00pm or you contact them by email at btconnectedhome@bt.com and they will be able to help you with this.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Mark_chat
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I have this exact same issue!

I checked my Wifi Password using my phone and it is the correct password.

My kindle is the Paperwhite

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MadPanther
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Upgraded to the latest firmware and still have the same issue.

If we connect the Kindle to my mobiles WiFi hotspot it works fine, just have an issue with the whole home wifi

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Hi @MadPanther

Did you contact the Whole Home Team as @JohnC2 suggested. It's helpful if anyone who experiences an issue either with the Whole Home or set up contact that Whole Home team and report it. Hopefully they can also help resolve the issue you are experiencing.

0 Ratings
MadPanther
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Must admit I didn't. I'll try to call them this week.

Thanks

@Dean007wrote:

Hi @MadPanther

Did you contact the Whole Home Team as @JohnC2 suggested. It's helpful if anyone who experiences an issue either with the Whole Home or set up contact that Whole Home team and report it. Hopefully they can also help resolve the issue you are experiencing.

0 Ratings
granny8
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I had this problem as well, when I got a BT Home Hub -my other devices connected, but my Kindle Fire 8 just wouldn't.  Then I remember that my other devices (a desktop computer & a laptop) got connected simply by me pushing the  WPS setup button on the Home Hub. So I went to the Kindle's Internet Settings / WiFi Preferences and saw 'WPS Push Button', tapped on that to open it, pressed the Hub button, and it worked. 

Hope this helps!

0 Ratings