Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seanet
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Whole Home Wifi - Scheduled Restart

Hi all,

I want to schedule a periodic restart of my Whole Home Wifi system, as it does seem to work better following a reboot after it's been up a few days.  It can't be done through the app, that I know of, and having just discovered that you can administer it through a web interface, there are no options there for this either.

Is there any way of doing it through a command prompt, so I can make it a scheduled task?

Thanks in advance

Joe

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Whole Home Wifi - Scheduled Restart

@seanet 

Why not just use a time switch to switch off the power automatically every few days, perhaps at night? Mains timers are plentiful and cheap, especially mechanical ones, as you do not need an accurate time. Typical cost, three for £12.

Anything that relies on access to the system itself, risks failure if it cannot get access anyway.

A power restart is most likely to be more effective, as it resets any internal hardware.

lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

I agree with Keith, the easy way is to put a time switch on the master disc PSU. However why are you looking to do this, what's the problem or what are you looking for the app/whole home to do?
also is this Whole Home (WHW) original , WHW Premium or WHW Mini?
0 Ratings
seanet
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

It's the original, a triple set in a large care home.  It's only serving half a dozen users, but seems to stop working or become very erratic after a few days, a restart of the system seems to rectify the issue.  With hindsight, it's not really suitable for business use due to the lack of config options, if I can schedule a middle of the night reboot every few days, that may improve things, otherwise I will need to replace it with a different system.  It's served me well at home, but the clue is in the name, Im not sure it's best suited to business users where more specific config may be required.

0 Ratings