cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moneyspider50
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Whole Home Wifi - Unable to Detect Disk issue on Initial Set Up

I have been trying to set up the 3 disc white set.

I downloaded the app, plugged one disc in the back of my BT Hub and switched on. flashing purple light tuned to solid blue no problem.

When to the app. followed the instructions scanned the code and it confirmed that my internet was connected, so far so good.

However, when I pressed next on the app it says 'Unable to Detect Disc' I am  on top of the disc with my phone which is connected to the BT Whole Home Network. No matter how many times I try it keeps on saying Unable to Connect. I have sold blue light and able to use the internet on this network. Just in case I made sure my phone forgot the old network on my router.

So, at the moment I have a solid blue light on one disc connected to my router via cable with an error Unable to connect.

As I could get on the internet and out of interest I took  the other 2 discs out the box and switched them on. Both discs flashed purple and then sold blue. So it appears they are working but devices don't connect to the closest disc.

I just can't get the app to detect the initial disc so functionality is reduced. I even tried to detect the other 2 disks but this did not work either and get the same error 'Unable to Connect'

Can you please help me on how I can set these up correctly using the app so the initial disc is detected. Thank You

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Whole Home Wifi - Unable to Detect Disk issue on Initial Set Up

Hi,

It's possible your discs are on a very old firmware that the app can't communicate with.

You should check the firmware version via the web interface (enter mybtdevice.home on a web browser when connected to the disc) and go to Firmware Update. Once on the latest version, try again with the app to install.

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Eb5
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Whole Home Wifi - Unable to Detect Disk issue on Initial Set Up

I have exactly the same issue with a new box of 2 discs. I don’t understand the reply you have. Did you resolve the problem? If so would you mind telling me how?! Thanks 

0 Ratings