Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gingercat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Whole Home app on a new phone requires reconfiguring system

I've just got a new (android) phone and have installed the BTWholeHome app on it.  The app wants me to tediously go through reconfiguring my mesh network again from scratch - turning discs off etc.  The network is working just fine as-is.  Is it not possible to get it to just use the existing network configuration?  If not, this ability really needs adding to the app.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Whole Home app on a new phone requires reconfiguring system

I would be very surprised if there was not an option to backup the app settings on the old phone, and import them to the new phone.

0 Ratings
gingercat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

You don't get any option other than the configuration wizard when starting the app unfortunately.  In any case, you shouldn't need to backup/restore - the network knows its configuration already.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

You could always ring the product helpdesk, to see if they have any suggestions?

The other option would be just to use your old phone for controlling the network.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @gingercat,

There are a few suggestion on BT WholeHome WiFi App - Cannot connect with New Phone that might help.

If that doesn't work you can can give the help desk a call on 0808 100 6116, they're open  Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm and Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
gingercat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Thanks, but that link is for people who had problems detecting the dishes with a fresh install - the app can see them, just that I don't want to need to re-configure them 1 by one to get the system running again. One dish is in a tricky to get to spot, so I don't want to need to turn it of and on again. If I ring support, they'll just tell me to turn the dishes on one by one.
0 Ratings