Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
westhamtim
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Whole Home - "blacklisted in MAC filter list"

Evening all

So I'm 3 weeks or so into BTWH ownership and so far it's mostly OK but keeps disconnecting my Windows 10 laptop & Android tablet. Everything else is fine; Huawei P8 lite, iphone 6, TVs etc.

When I went into the log I found the interesing message to say that various devices have been "blacklisted in MAC filter list". Now this is interesting as a) I clearly haven't done this, and b) I'm not aware that BTWH has a MAC filtering list (indeed I know from surfing this forum looking for a solution to my probem that this is a particular gripe of some people, and rightly so).

So, any ideas what could be causing this and how to resolve?

Separately, I have read elsewhere on these pages about resolving issues by setting the wireless channels. When I try to do this I get a message saying "set and reboot error" and I cannot save the changes. Again, any idea? Interestingly, when I go to look at formware update via the web interface (I have the latest firmware already) it tells I cannot check for firmware updates as I'm not connected to the internet, this being despite being connected to the internet.

Is it me or is this quite buggy for £200?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
robjo
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Whole Home - "blacklisted in MAC filter list"

I wonder if this is the same issue I am having ?

I have had the system for about 2 months, about once aday I need the restart the the main dish. It seems to happen ever 24 hours. I have changed my hub to home hub 5 and it seem to last longer. I am now back on the smart hub, as I see a new firmware is coming out and hope this may fix the issue. The home hub 5 seems to work better however, but i had more issue with my BT TV.

Maybe the BT smart hub is black listing the IPs?

0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

Have you set static IP addresses for the discs using the network page on the webpage? Rather than automatic (DHCP)?

Which firmware are your discs currently on?

And which router do you have?

0 Ratings
westhamtim
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Hi Oxlade1

Thanks for your post. As I noted I've not been able to get into the web interface properly...until now. I dont know what's changed but both my laptop & tablet are working fine. So I've plumped for static IP address, and changed the channels to 1 & 36 as suggested here:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/BT-Whole-Home-WiFi-Issues/td-p/1717084

Will report back with further updates if it stops working again or if I learn anything about the behaviour of the system that may be useful to other.

Thanks & regards

0 Ratings
westhamtim
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Sadly that didn't last long. No more than 5 minutes after hitting send and my laptop disconnected. Have scoured the log but cannot work out what's happening.

Great piece of kit for the few moments when it works, otherwise and expensive frustration.

0 Ratings
robjo
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Which BT hub do you have ?

0 Ratings
westhamtim
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Hi rob

I have a sky router.

I spoke to bt support and they advised 2.4ghz needs to be set to channel 11, not 1. Not sure if it was quoted incorrectly elsewhere or I misread. Anyway, now 3 or so hours in and so far so good.
0 Ratings
robjo
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Did changing the channel solve issue? I change my channel and seems to have helped

Rob

0 Ratings
westhamtim
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Hi Rob

Yes and no. Since I made the change I've had no problems with my laptop but my tablet dropped out yesterday and refused to reconnect, citing an "authentication problem". I did everything, restarting the tablet, restarting the BTWH, forgetting the BTWH and re-entering the password, nothing. The BTWH log showed a loop of the tablet deauthenticating then assocaiting succesffully but no connectivity on the tablet. Then randomly it re-connected today. So not sure what's going on but will continue to monitor. For the time being all is good.....

Cheers

Tim

0 Ratings