cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Whole Home (white discs) disc not working - constant purple light

Go to solution

I have had BT Whole Home for well over 2 years now, all working fine with 6 discs (I have a big house, tried fewer, ended up with 6 to get full house coverage).  I have just upgraded from FTTC to FTTH but this is irrelevant to the problem, just for information, as the problem existed before the change and still exists now.   A few months ago, one of the discs started showing constant purple, and the Whole Home app showed it as disconnected.  I re-powered it a number of times and moved it a couple of times, to no avail.  Having got the new router, I thought I would sort the rogue disc out, so I disconnected it using the app, and tried to re-set it using a connection to the new router by Ethernet cable, and also trying a factory reset of the disc.  The disc does nothing but sit with a purple LED all of the time.  A factory reset makes it go out for a couple of seconds, but then it comes back purple and stays like that - for hours, I’ve tried waiting that long.  I think the disc is faulty and needs repairing, or I need a new one.  Any thoughts?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Whole Home (white discs) disc not working - constant purple light

Go to solution
I’ve found a similar problem in this forum and the conclusion was that the disc is faulty, and needs repair under guarantee, or replacement.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

As there is a 3-year guarantee on these products if you bought them from the BT Shop, which I did, I have started the process of getting a replacement disc.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for letting us know you got this sorted @CliveReader . Appreciate you taking time to do that.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings