Did you mean: 
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 61 of 86

Re: Whole Home with more than 3 discs

Go to solution

Hi @Martynpett

On the 2 additional discs - can you try:

1. Delete them from the app (under Disc Details > Remove Disc)

2. One at a time, connect the disc to your router with an Ethernet cable and power on (do not unplug existing Ethernet cable to the main disc)

3. Wait for the solid blue light then press the reset button. The LED will go off then back to purple. If it doesn't press the reset again after 10 seconds

4. Wait for the disc to show solid blue (after about 90 seconds). Then wait for it to flash purple (about 15 seconds after it turns solid blue). Then go back to solid blue. You can now unplug it and locate the disc, then install using "Add Another Disc"

5. Repeat for the second add-on disc.

Community ModeratorDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Martynpett
Beginner
Message 62 of 86

Go to solution
Hi Dan. Thanks for your reply. I've done all that at least twice to be honest. Exactly as you've put. I'll give it another go tonight. I think if that doesn't work I'll try reseting the whole system and start from scratch. I'm using it with top quality links router as I had nothing but issue with my bt smart hub. It never worked properly since the day I had it. Always freezing and issues with WiFi. Been spot in since I changed to the links. Much quicker too
0 Ratings
choddo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 86

Go to solution

Ha, my BT Smarthub was a total nightmare. I asked for a refund and was told by BT support that it was simply too advanced for my SkyQ box. It's been thrown in the cupboard ever since.

Anyway, I've got the same setup as you and mine acted really strangely for a day or two (only got a red light once though) and then seemed to settle down.

BUT it's only ever once decided that the furthest disc should connected via the disc in the middle of the house - that was a day of glory. Then the stupid thing then went back to connecting direct to the main disc where it can only get a 2.4GHz "poor" orange light signal.

So annoying.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 64 of 86

Go to solution

@Martynpett Any luck? Are you connecting your discs directly into your router or using a switch?

@choddo There are improvements to this coming in the next firmware and you should find it be more likely to choose a connection to the middle disc rather than direct with a "poor" status. 

Community ModeratorDanO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Devices queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BT device queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Martynpett
Beginner
Message 65 of 86

Go to solution
Yeah. Tried everything again last night. Lasted about 20mins beofre going red. But that was only one disc the other wouldn't pick up on the app but shows blue as before. Whole system reset tonight. Whens the next firmware update coming youve mentioned.
0 Ratings
Martynpett
Beginner
Message 66 of 86

Go to solution
Yeah. Tried everything again last night. Lasted about 20mins beofre going red. But that was only one disc the other wouldn't pick up on the app but shows blue as before. Whole system reset tonight. Whens the next firmware update coming youve mentioned. Also. Connected direct to router for setting up.
0 Ratings
choddo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 67 of 86

Go to solution

That's good to hear, thanks - hopefully that will be soon.

0 Ratings
maldrich
Message 68 of 86

Go to solution

Hi I too have this problem - a triple pack originally all good and then now adding a twin pack. Light goes red on adding fourth. I have followed sequence poseted above but still red. I also have 2 ssids slightky different rather than all the same - can anyone help please?

0 Ratings
Martynpett
Beginner
Message 69 of 86

Go to solution
Maldrich. Leave it connected to the router for a few hours. I found that they take a while sometimes to reprogrammed themselves with the original ssid details. If you're still getting 2 separate ssids being broadcast they haven't listened led up properly. Leave them connected for a while. Also try resetting them as soon they go solid blue when connected and left them do their stuff
0 Ratings
maldrich
Message 70 of 86

Go to solution
thank you - will try that!
0 Ratings