Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RFB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Whole Home

Go to solution

After wasting all afternoon trying to reset the Whole Home settings through the Android App, including a visit to PCWorld (on BT's instructions) to swap the equipment, am eventually told that 'the app not working at present". Have scoured BT's websites and can find no information in this regard. Anyone know anything?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Whole Home

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

I assume you mean the system with the white discs?

whole home disk.jpg

With this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bt.wholehomewifi&hl=en_GB

0 Ratings
RFB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Correct
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@RFB wrote:
Correct

Then there have not been any reported issue with the app not working.

Look at the main thread, it may help.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Problem-with-Whole-Home-Wi-Fi-Read-this-first/m-p/1908749#M72...

0 Ratings
RFB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Many thanks for your response. Please allow me to tell you the whole saga. Apologies if a bit wordy.

I received today a new, replacement BT hub (router), which I installed OK. However, when I tried to look for the Whole Home Hub, through the App on my Android smartphone, nothing appeared. I tried several times to do a factory reset on the Whole Home disc and deleted and resintalled the App (and deleted the connection on my PC) but every time I received the same response: when I tried to name the disc, an error appeared saying "Naming disc failed ". After several attempts I tried calling the helpline, to be told fairly quickly that I should return the units to PCWorld and obtain replacements, which I duly did. No suggestion was made as to how the error might be fixed. I quickly went to the store and obtained the replacements. However, the same error has persisted. On calling back the helpline, I was told catagorically that the Android App is currently not working, and that I should attach each disk to my hub, leaving the last disc as the principal device. I have done that but the App on my Android is still not working, so I have no way of checking whether, and to which disk, I am connecting, or, indeed, whether they are all working. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Its possible one of the BT Device experts may be able to help, ot you could try ringing the helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or email btconnectedhome@bt.com

0 Ratings
RFB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for your further comment. I have resolved the issue. It suddenly struck me that disbling my VPN connection and restarting my smartphone might be worth a try. And it worked! I have had isues connecting to, for instance, hotel wifi and usually it is resolved by disabling the VPN. So, it may be that, or simply a 'phone restart. 
Not impressed by BT 'technical support' who, in the first instance, advised me (without much thought) to swap the equipment (which cost me time and petrol and is surely a cost to BT) and, in the second instance, said simply that the App wasn't working (which, as you stated, is incorrect). 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Yes, it would not have worked via a VPN, so I am pleased that you have it sorted, as I could not find any reference to problems with the app.

If you have any issues again, it may be best to post on this forum first.

0 Ratings
RFB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks
0 Ratings