cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Whole WiFi Problem

I recently had full fibre installed, and decided to get 4 WiFi discs, so that all of my wireless devices can get a better reception.

I've managed to set them all up perfectly fine. I walked around the house with my phone, and you can see in the BT app that it jumps on to whichever disc is closest.

I then connected all of the other devices, but I have found a bunch of them that are connecting to the furthest disc away (which is where the router is, and was before I installed the discs)

Two devices are within 5 feet of one of the discs, but it will not jump on to it. It sticks to the one with the weakest reception. I don't know why!

The WiFi is turned off on the hub too.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Whole WiFi Problem

Tina,

You can try switching off the distant disc and see if your device will then pick up the nearer disc . If not then delete the wi-fi connection on the device and then search for and reconnect.  Some devices (often 2.4Ghz ones) remember the MAC address of the disc they were previously connected to and "stick" to it.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Whole WiFi Problem

@peterh0001 

Hi Peter

After I got all of my discs set up where I wanted them, I did a 'reset device list' and all of the devices jumped on to the nearest discs.

All good!

Many thanks.

0 Ratings