cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Whole home Wi-Fi disc stopped working

Had the discs connected fine for the last 12 months then tonight the main one has stopped working.

ive tried resetting etc but the app cannot see the discs anymore and resetting doesn’t do anything.

Anyone ideas what’s gone wrong

update: just noticed the available networks showing on my iPhone list one called arcadyandefault is that anything to do with the problem I’m having?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Whole home Wi-Fi disc stopped working

Hi @nickjohn, sorry one of your WHW discs has stopped working. You would be best to call and speak with the WHW helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 and I'm sure they'll be able to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the number, not much use it doesn’t give an option for whw equipment and just disconnects you anyway.

will keep trying to sort it

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

The arcadyandefault means its reset to the controllers default and I am afraid its now bricked
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Only had the thing just over a year, expected to last a lot longer than that, will try technical lot in the morning and see what they say.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

It appears the device looses some BT firmware and defaults back to the manufactures code and a few reports of people being unable to restore it once it gets to this point.
Interestingly, there was a post that seemed to recover their disk by plugging it via ethernet into the hub before doing a factory reset. I suppose its possible it might then reload firmware

Post here https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Whole-Home-Wi-fi-Disc-Stuck-on-Solid-Purple-Light/td-p/187438...
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the info.

on an update to my issue, I bought the set through Amazon so went through their chat support and they gave up trying to get them working again and sent me out a full new set.

the issue I’m now having is I can set them up and they work great but in the morning I have to power off then on the main disc so they can see each other and connect to the internet, I never had an issue like it with the original ones.

0 Ratings