Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joshbear11
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Whole home discs vs app

Hi all
I bought a whole hole three desk system set it up and all was working fine. I then added a fourth disk and again always working fine for about a month. Last week a number of my connected devices went off-line and long story short it could be that the whole home network which is set to auto switch channels caused an issue for some of these devices. So I set the channel under 2.4 GHz to channel 1 And the devices with issues came back online.
However since then on my app I have three discs showing blue and one showing red. The one showing red is connected to an ethernet network within the house and all the ethernet ports are working so I know the disk is working.
So why does the disk app show it as read? I have removed the disk from the network and reinstall it. note this is one of the discs came with the original pack not the additional pack.

Any help appreciated
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Whole home discs vs app

Is the LED on the disc red as well? And which firmware version are you using?

It might be worth manually restarting (switch off/on) all of the discs as well.

0 Ratings
Joshbear11
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi

No that is the strange thing. All disks show blue on the lights but in the app either the one connected to the Ethernet shows red on the app but the system is working. Or when I switch them off and on I get the alternate ie three discs are red and one blue! But full wifi coverage in house. Have also deleted the app and reinstalled but no change.

Might have to go for a full factory reset?
0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

I would try factory resetting the single red one first and re-add it with the app. It seems like the system is confused and there are two "primary" or "master" discs.

0 Ratings
Joshbear11
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Hi all

just to close this off. I had to reset all the disks to factory settings and start again.  Crazy to have to do this but only way to solve the issue.  

Now trying to find a way to extend the network further as four disks don't cover everywhere.  

Regards

josh. 

0 Ratings