Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Whole home wifi: Mini vs standard vs premium

The whole home wifi offering seems to have three options: 

Mini ~£60 per disc

Standard ~£80 per disc

Premium ~£120 per disc

I can't find, other than the spec sheets and BTs own website, much comparison of these three. I can see premium is tri-band and supports Wifi6....but does anyone have any experience of the relative merits of each of the above? I suspect there will be diminishing returns in terms of benefit as the price rises....

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Whole home wifi: Mini vs standard vs premium

Have a look at the  BT Shop but this is my list :-

lnajr02_0-1590594233285.png

• Whole Home Mini for the smaller home, fewer users, Browse, watch and download across all your devices.
  • Whole Home WiFi ( Gen 1) : Several users, Browse, watch and download across all your devices
  • Whole Home Premium : Multiple users, Everyone can watch, stream, game and download at the same time without buffering depending on your homes internet speed.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Cheers Injar

Thanks for that - yep, I was reading the spec sheets. It's interesting there seem to be few (no?) premium third-party reviews, yet the product does not seem to be all that new! I'll keep my eyes open 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Does anyone know if the guest network has a scheduler on the Mini, like it does on the standard?   Trying to get detailed information about these things from the BT site is terrible.   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

BT's own (black) Complete Wi-Fi Disc v2.0 —  £100  per disc  (from BT Shop)

Or £7 per month Extra from Halo 1 to Halo 2 (£84 extra per year to rent on Halo 2) 

(that's their AC2200 equivalent of the white retail discs above) needing to be negotiated per disc with them on Halo 2.

on eBay... going rate is — £67-£120 per disc

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

no scheduling currently on Min yet..
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

Note:
BT Complete WiFi (Black) discs require the smart Hub 2 as this acts as the first disc. Also discs and HUB provided by BT will have to be returned if the broadband contract changes.

(White) Whole Home WiFi , Whole home Mini and Whole Home premium has the first disc connected to the HUB via a cable, so one disc sits with the HUB.
The premium is tri-band is between disc only currently.. not used for devices that connect.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

"Also discs and HUB provided by BT will have to be returned if the broadband contract changes."

Best of luck to those sellers on eBay who haven't realised / don't care that BT's terms & conditions changed last Sept 2019 to make it mandatory to return 2019-onwards kit or they'll be charged on a future bill if not returned.

0 Ratings