cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Whole home wifi can't add additional discs

I have had a whole home pack of 3 white discs since 2017 which is working well but there are still wifi holes in our stone house.

When I set up the original discs the app didn’t offer the option of naming the locations of the discs.

I have purchased 2 additional separate discs but cannot add them to the network.

Things I have tried;

Using the updated app to start from the beginning and factory resetting the original 3 discs; the app recognises the first disc but can’t rename it so I can’t progress any further let alone to the add extra discs section of the app.

Plugging the new disc into the router (BT smart hub) with an ethernet cable (including factory reset x2).

Plugging the new disc into the 1st disc (connected to the router) with an ethernet cable. (including factory reset x2).

Plugging the new disc into one of the other 2 wifi discs not connected to the router (including factory reset x2).

Each time I wait until the LED has been blue for some time, but when I disconnect the ethernet cable it turns red.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Whole home wifi can't add additional discs

Hi are all the discs the same type.
BT Have 3 types now ( White)
Whole Home Wi-Fi (the original)
Whole Home Premium
Whole Home Mini
and a service called complete Wi-Fi , you can't mix discs
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

If Whole Home ( original ) see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57g6vO1KViE
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

I've solved the problem: when I did the factory reset and the discs re connected, I was told that this included firmware update. However on logging into the discs I've found that it isn't to the latest update. After a manual update, the app is able to rename the discs.

0 Ratings